Author Topic: Doris Armstrong Newcastle.  (Read 722 times)

Offline Ladyhawk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Doris Armstrong Newcastle.
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 16 February 21 22:44 GMT (UK) »
Sorry to put spanner in works
But free index to you know what has
Doris Whitfield (Darowskie, Armstrong)
born 1914
in Newcastle upon Tyne C.B.
address 71 Simonside Terrace

They may not have the transcript of one the names quite right?

Excellent find jonw65

I was looking at Newcastle Electoral Register again and was going to ask if she had siblings
named J Armstrong (male) or E A Armstrong (female) as they were together with D Whitfield year 1955 address 131 Bosworth Gardens at least she can now be ruled out ...
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Ladyhawk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 17 February 21 11:18 GMT (UK) »

I am looking for Doris Armstrong was born on the 21 November 1919
the daughter of William Armstrong and Catherine nee Dobson, of Chapel Row Newcastle.

I have not been able to find a marriage, death or any other information on Doris.

I cannot find her on the 1939 census although I have found other members of her family.

Erin31 - the only other suggestion I can make is using FreeBMD for possible deaths or marriages for a D Armstrong - it's a long shot without seeing the m/c to confirm father's name perhaps you may get lucky and a death of one of those persons showing her dob.....21 Nov 1919

There are 9 marriage entries that show for the District of Newcatle T. of course that's presuming she married and was living there, if she didn’t have a middle name 2 of those entries can be ruled out.

We've already ruled out one of those marriage entries
1941 Armstrong/Dakowski marriage - this DA was born 1914

the next marriage entry  is

1942 Armstrong/Sheppard

Newcastle Electoral Register year 1972 Wycliffe Avenue DS & SWS (middle name Walter),their son is with them , Years 2003-2009 has SWS still at same address.

There is a possible DS death in 2011 (bn1920) to rule out this DS
(will send you a PM with the details)

Do you think there might be a possibility that DA emigrated and that's why you can't find a marriage or death in UK?

Do you have details of all her siblings and did they marry?

If they married and you don't have their m/c perhaps DA may have been a witness......

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline erin31

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 17 February 21 16:25 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Ladyhawk.
I can find no evidence that Doris emigrated but will not rule it out. Her great uncle lived in Canada with his family and I have drawn a complete blank while trying to trace Doris' Aunt Mary Armstrong who was born in 1868 and who I can find no details on her after 1881 so I did wonder if she had emigrated also.
I have replied to your PM.
x