Author Topic: Non-conformist England Family of Middle Lambrook  (Read 112 times)

Offline Kamante

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Non-conformist England Family of Middle Lambrook
« on: Tuesday 16 February 21 18:31 GMT (UK) »
Good day, I am having a difficult time searching the internet for books, manuscripts and trees related to the subject family. With a surname like England there is a lot of chaff thrown up.

I am starting with the Stephen England who was married to Joanne. They lived in East Lambrook in Kingsbury Episcopi Parish in Somerset. Stephen was buried in 1757 in the Middle Lambrook Meeting (non-conformist Presbyterian) Graveyard not far from East Lambrook. Joanne was buried there in 1762. The burial records, from the National Burial Index for "Mid Lambrook," do not give ages at death for either Stephen or Joanne. Their marriage has not been located. Stephen left a fairly detailed Will from 1754. From it I know that Stephen and Joanne had four children: Edward, Henry, Elizabeth (Rossiter) and Stephen.

The baptism records for the Middle Lambrook Meeting are lost for most of the 1700's.

Is there anyone out there with an interest in this family or their descendants?

Regards, Bill

Offline Jo Harding

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Non-conformist England Family of Middle Lambrook
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 20 February 21 15:18 GMT (UK) »
Have you tried The Somerset and Dorset Family History Society to see if they hold anything on this family?

https://www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/SOM/KingsburyEpiscopi

https://sdfhs.org/

Jo

Offline Kamante

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 21 February 21 20:57 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Jo. I am very familiar with the GENUKI data on Kingsbury Episcopi and Middle Lambrook. When I just checked the Somerset & Dorset FHS but was unable to discover anything on the England family I am working on. I appreciate your suggestions. Bill

Offline djm297

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 22 February 21 11:45 GMT (UK) »
Stephen England of "Kingsborow" marries Joane Gundry of Petherton at Merriott on 13 June 1749.(From FindMyPast transcription). Denomination is Anglican.

Merriott, South Petherton and Kingsbury Episcopi are all close to East Lambrook.

djm297