Author Topic: Adam Burgess's Mother in law  (Read 240 times)

Online Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Adam Burgess's Mother in law
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 18 February 21 11:51 GMT (UK) »
I've been having trouble with my internet connection this morning.

Thank you all very much for the restores. She has come up a treat. That braiding on her dress looks like a lot of work for the dressmaker and her pocket or bag looks as if it's held quite a few things.

I've got a photo of her husband or son that I'll put up later. The men were blacksmiths and hotel owners. My relative, Adam, was a watchmaker who eventually went blind.   He and Elizabeth, the blacksmith's  daughter, moved to Liverpool. Their children went to Australia and New Zealand. Margaret came home and married late in life and settled in Wigtownshire.

Gadget

Add- I've now investigated and iI think it's Adam's  brother in law's wife, Jane.
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 18 February 21 16:11 GMT (UK) »
Here is my go at your lovely photo, the braiding on the dress is something else!
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 18 February 21 16:12 GMT (UK) »
...and with a warm sepia type tone.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Online Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 18 February 21 16:48 GMT (UK) »
I've only just seen these - lovely. Thank you very much, Carol  :)

PS - I've put up her husband but he's in the queue  :)

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***