Author Topic: DNA Family Secrets  (Read 2752 times)

Offline susieroe

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: DNA Family Secrets
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 07 March 21 17:41 GMT (UK) »
The format is pretty much the same as Long Lost Family on ITV. However they both have presenters who I hate (for different reasons).

Davina McCall (Long Lost Family) is far too gushing. "Look at ME! I'M the one doing ALL this! Make sure you get good footage of me EMPATHISING!"

Stacey Dooley (DNA Family Secrets) has a horrendous, grating, voice. She managed to tone it down considerably during her run on Strictly Come Dancing, but seems to have bounced back to an even more annoying level.

Wednesday sees the start of another "pre-planned genealogy" series, DNA Journey on ITV. Jamie Redknapp & Freddie Flintoff are the celebs in the first episode, wandering around in the same manner as Ant & Dec a couple of years ago.

Thank you for the head-up on Wednesday, I'd have missed that.  :) I agree with your comments about the 2 presenters -awful!

The first story was as I thought, many girls were bussed to the American bases' dances -the inevitable happened! Glad he found his family. The third story outcome was a great relief.

The second one baffled me. The coincidences that a random man would ring him when he appeared not to suspect his Dad was not his real one (was that right?) and for the "brother" to look so like him -and recognise his walk, etc, as his own Dad's - then for another man to be placed as his Dad? It had me spinning and I just felt there was something we weren't told maybe. All a bit odd though.
Roe,Wells, Bent, Kemp, Weston
Bruin, Gillam, Hurd/Heard, Timson, All in Leicestershire. Keats (Kates)

https://ourkeatsfamilystory.blogspot.com/