Author Topic: please help me put this lot toghether1841 lookup in ketley bank.  (Read 1694 times)

Offline dwalin

• RootsChat Veteran
  • looking into the past.lets you see the future
    • View Profile
please help me put this lot toghether1841 lookup in ketley bank.
« on: Sunday 28 August 05 15:20 BST (UK) »
hi can someone lookup a
john (1791)and margaret (1796) cadwallader
thomas 1821(son)
 and
 william 1822 (son)
there ia also a isabella and a robert but i dont have the dates yet.
there in ketley bank in shropshire.
thank you anyone who tries.
im desparete to have them in 1841 in the hope i can link in two brothers.
thank you :-\
harris , penrose,jose.davison.layton.leighton.summerson.bennet.clasper.wallett.cadwallader.johnson.jobling.bell (cook?)      />craig.stokoe.marshall.chalmers.white.bainbridge.waite.trevena.trenwith.polkinghorn.dixon.jopling.powell.ivey.greenhow
lloyd

Offline Baudoux

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: please help me put this lot toghether1841 lookup in ketley bank.
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 18 March 08 16:10 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

I just read your request.  I am a senior who resides in Canada.  I have been trying to trace my ancestral lines for 15 years.

I too am trying to trace "Cadwalladar" and wondering how it connects to my HUMPHERSON Line.

My aunt has written on a very old piece of paper (in tatters) family members.  She has included in this list:

Joseph Cadwallader - Died December 22, 1877 - age 75 years

I just thought it might be worth something for you.  You mentioned
Ketley Bank.  My grandmother spoke of it often.  My grandmother and her family come from Donnington Wood, Shropshire.  They lived right on the canal.  I have a picture of the family home.

My ancestral lines are humpherson/leese.

If you bring up this Site, you will read about me and my returning of pictures of my Grandmother's Church, St/ Matthew's, Donnington Wood

www.st-matthews-donningtonwood.com

If any of this helped, let me hear from you.

Regards,

Doris Baudoux

Online Willow 4873

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 22nd July 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 19 March 08 11:05 GMT (UK) »
Hiya Dawlin

I think this is them in 1841 (I had to find them in the 1851 first) at Strettam Heath Westbury. All born in county except Margaret

John Cadwallader 40
Margaret Cadwallader 40
Hannah Cadwallader 9
Mary Cadwallader 4
Charles Cadwallader 1

HO107/911 Book 9

BTW the Thomas aged 6 in the 1851 census might be their grandson as Margaret was 48 when he was born

willow x
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and is for academic and non-commercial research purposes only<br /><br />Researching: Hilton (Wolverhampton & Tamworth) , Simkiss & Mears (Wolverhampton & ?) Bowkett & Nash (Ledbury & Wolverhampton) Knight & Beard (Gloucestershire), Colley (Tibberton) Hoggins (Willenhall) Jones (Bilston), Harris & Bourne (Droitwich) Matthews (Wolverhampton & High Offley) Partridge (Monmouthshire)<br /><br /

Offline Baudoux

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 19 March 08 11:43 GMT (UK) »
Hello Willow.

Thank you for the information.  I am still wondering where the Joseph fits in all of this.

I can't help but feel he is tied into my Humpherson line.

Thank you again.

Doris B.

Online Willow 4873

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 22nd July 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 19 March 08 22:41 GMT (UK) »
Hiya Doris

Joseph I have found in serveral census - his wife was Ann and they had a daughter Margaret c 1826 they lived in Lillishall. Joseph was b Wrockwardine and Ann Lillishall. In 1871 they are living in Donnington Wood

On the IGI there is a marriage for a Joseph Cadwallader to an Ann Davis 21.6.1819 at Buildwas (the IGI isnt complete but this is the only one that comes up)

Dont know if this helps or hinders!

Willow x
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and is for academic and non-commercial research purposes only<br /><br />Researching: Hilton (Wolverhampton & Tamworth) , Simkiss & Mears (Wolverhampton & ?) Bowkett & Nash (Ledbury & Wolverhampton) Knight & Beard (Gloucestershire), Colley (Tibberton) Hoggins (Willenhall) Jones (Bilston), Harris & Bourne (Droitwich) Matthews (Wolverhampton & High Offley) Partridge (Monmouthshire)<br /><br /

Offline Baudoux

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 20 March 08 12:04 GMT (UK) »
Hello Willow,

Thank you so much.  At least you found a Joseph.  I just could not understand why my Aunt had his name on this family piece of paper.  My grandparents came from Donnington Wood.  Maybe they were very close neighbours, but you know as I read your posting where you say Joseph was married to an Ann Davis, well the surname Davis is in my Ancestry.  Who knows maybe I will figure it out.

Maybe if I had access to Census and could find the Humpherson family, maybe I could find the neighbours on either side.  Just a .. thought!!!!!!

But again Willow many thanks.  Trying to find the connection with Joseph Cadwalladar is what is it they say "Like a Dog with a Bone" ha! ha!

Doris

Online Willow 4873

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 22nd July 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 20 March 08 14:17 GMT (UK) »
Hiya Doris

Stick the details of your Humpherson up and I will have a look who their neighbours are. Do you need the Humpherson census details too?

Willow x

Offline wolliter

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 28 February 18 19:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi
William cadwallader born 1762 married Sarah Luther  son William born 1826
Any connections