Author Topic: Is this the missing link?  (Read 702 times)

Offline Davedrave

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Is this the missing link?
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 21 February 21 17:21 GMT (UK) »
Oh    :-X :-X :-X :-X  ;D ;D

Added:  Please come back and tell us the result.

I will. I always like to finish off my posts where possible just in case anyone stumbles upon one in future and happens to find it of interest.

Dave :)
ESSEX: Cramphorn Raven Sams Sayers Taylor; GLOS: Beacham/Beauchamp; HERTS: Chamberlain Chuck; LEICS: Allot Bentley Godfrey Greasley Hunt Hurst Jarvis Lane Lea Light Woodward; LINCS: Lambert Mitchell Muse ; STAFFS: Hodgkins Jarvis; SURREY: Light; WARKS: Astley/Chesshire Bradbury Hicken/Hickin Hudson; WORCS: Ballinger Beauchamp Laight

Offline Davedrave

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 01 March 21 09:11 GMT (UK) »
Just reporting back on this. 1853: John Sayers died aged 85, shoemaker, in King Street, Chelmsford (no house number given). The informant, present at death, was Ann Remington of King Street.

In the 1851 Census, when this John Sayers had been staying with a daughter in London, Ann Remington, widow, was a former nurse, in receipt of parish relief, in King Street (number 69 on the schedule). She was seemingly alone in her household. At the same time John Sayers, shoemaker, aged 48, who I think was the older John’s son, was about 3 doors away (number 72 on schedule). It’s about as much proof as I am likely to get of John’s relationship to John (and therefore to “my” William), but pretty convincing to me.

John was presumably living with his son when he died, or possibly he was a lodger with Ann Remington.

ESSEX: Cramphorn Raven Sams Sayers Taylor; GLOS: Beacham/Beauchamp; HERTS: Chamberlain Chuck; LEICS: Allot Bentley Godfrey Greasley Hunt Hurst Jarvis Lane Lea Light Woodward; LINCS: Lambert Mitchell Muse ; STAFFS: Hodgkins Jarvis; SURREY: Light; WARKS: Astley/Chesshire Bradbury Hicken/Hickin Hudson; WORCS: Ballinger Beauchamp Laight

Offline janan

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 01 March 21 09:54 GMT (UK) »
All looks pretty convincing to me too, Dave  :D

Jan
ALL CENSUS DATA INCLUDED IN POSTINGS IS CROWN COPYRIGHT, FROM  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

bedfordshire - farr, carver,handley, godfrey, newell, bird, emmerton, underwood,ancell
buckinghamshire- pain
cambridgeshire- bird, carver
hertfordshire- conisbee, bean, saunders, quick,godfrey
derbyshire- allsop, noon
devon - griffin, love, rapsey
dorset- rendall, gale
somerset- rendall, churchill
surrey/middlesex - douglas, conisbee, childs, lyon groombridge

Offline Davedrave

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 01 March 21 13:24 GMT (UK) »
All looks pretty convincing to me too, Dave  :D

Jan

Thanks for the reassurance,