Author Topic: Second pair of eyes please  (Read 1177 times)

Offline cuffie81

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Second pair of eyes please
« Reply #27 on: Friday 26 February 21 17:37 GMT (UK) »
The article says Sarah Hill was 55 at the time of the incident in 1896 which would make her born around 1841.

I think you're misreading it. It says she was of 55, Cardross Street. Sarah, and husband John Hill, were at 55 Cardross Street on the 1891, 1901 and 1911 censuses.
Anderson Banks Beard Brewer Caves Clarke Clinch Cooling Cuff Denton Gamble Gibson Gunn Hunt Mills Muncey Norris Notzke Reid Robinson Searle Smith Trundle Turner Weedon Wells Wilson

Offline Littlebn20

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Friday 26 February 21 17:45 GMT (UK) »
Oh, HA HA!!! So I am. What would I do without you all. Its been a verrrrryyyyy long day! Thank you very much!  ::) :D ;D :o

Offline Littlebn20

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Saturday 27 February 21 13:15 GMT (UK) »
As you have been so helpful at casting your eyes over my sloppy work, I wonder if you might mind having a look at my brickwall for me and see if I have gone wrong anywhere. This relates to the Susan Weaver (then Pearce) in my tree. Below is what I know and I have been at it with this pair for literally years and have never got any further than this! :'(

I have posted on here about this before so apologies if this is something that you have already looked at. I am using Ancestry and FS for my research but there may be undiscovered records elsewhere I guess.

My proven direct ancestor is Henry Weaver who married Ann Hill in 1859 - They were living together and had children for many years before that. Their marriage record states that Henry's father was Robert Weaver (deceased) and that both Henry ans Ann were approx 30 years old when the wed. An interesting fact about them is that they died on the exact same day!

Looking at the relevant birth record at the time, I find Henry Weaver born in Mile End to (Henry) Robert Weaver and Susan in 1826.

I then find a marriage record for Robert Weaver and Susannah Cooper in 1810 at Christchurch Spitalfields. Both of the parish.

Further birth records indicate the following children who are all older than Henry;

- 1811 -Sarah
- 1815 - James
- 1819 - Susan (who marries the James Pearce oh this thread)

Then this really long gap until they have Henry in 1826, does that seem odd?

I find Henry on the 1841 census living with a Joseph Petegree as his apprentice. I can't really find any definitive records for the rest of them on the 1841 census. There is a Robert Weaver in the workhouse at Mint Street whose age matches but no details on where he was born and where is Susan(nah)? No real definitive death record, I don't think.

There are also no definitive birth records for Susannah Cooper (too many) and seemingly none that I haven't been able to rule out for Robert.

If anyone has either the time or inclination to check this for me I would be so very grateful. I am going to eventually have to throw the towel in on this branch, yet it is the branch that I am most interested in and passionate about. I assume that this is always the way!

Many thanks all. You are super!

Offline Littlebn20

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Saturday 27 February 21 14:02 GMT (UK) »
To add actually, I did find a Robert Weaver on the Electoral Register of 1833 in Court Street, Bethnal Green. This is the right area, so think it is him.