Author Topic: Look Up please Burial Record 1839 Nicholas St, Leicester  (Read 960 times)

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Family's Links 19th Cent
    • View Profile
Re: Look Up please Burial Record 1839 Nicholas St, Leicester
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 23 February 21 05:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi again Mark

very interesting that Mary was baptised 19 years later -along gap
the baptism entry makes it look like her name was just Mary Ellen Palmer not Lewin as one witness was a Palmer or else she had 2 middle names
I dont think Charlotte was married before, she was born around 1814 so would only be just of age in 1834 and she didnt remarry after Thomas died in 1858

one of the bits of information you listed was for the death of a John Lewin in 1840 s/o Samuel
Thomas's brother was a Samuel who was living with Thomas in 1841 - maybe he was married to a Hannah first before he married an Ann Neal in 1842 - she could have been a widow as her father was listed as Ebenezer Cook - throws a few questions now on my Samuel !!

do you have access to full details of Samuels marriage to Ann in 1842 in Leicester?
and/or any details on a poss earlier marr for a Samuel Lewin and a Hannah??
My Samuel was born in Billesdon in 1812

SC

In a church Baptism Register of this period, the first column of names are the first or forenames, the next column is parentage including surname, or Mother if illegitimate.

So her full name would be Mary Ellen Palmer Lewin.

The images found so far are in colour on f m p.

Mark

Offline SC

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Look Up please Burial Record 1839 Nicholas St, Leicester
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 23 February 21 19:11 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the explanation - that clarifies her name
Unfortunately I dont subscribe to FindMyPast so I do appreciate the help on Roots Chat from those who do

Regards, SC