Author Topic: Diary > Monday 22nd February  (Read 756 times)

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Monday 22nd February
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 23 February 21 16:32 GMT (UK) »
The little bird does sound like a Stonechat,except their white collar does not go all round , but otherwise exactly the same .
Did not go a walk today, felt a bit tired and then phoned son who is like Charles Dickens, why say in two words what you can say in a hundred!
He was a chatterbox from a baby,someone  said when he was 18 months old” “You can have a conversation with him”.
Started off quite a bright and pleasant day but dark now at 4-15.
Remains of cold chicken for tea, Coronation chicken perhaps or with a rice and pepper salad.
Have to watch peppers,tomatoes and bananas ,they make my gout flare up.
I do like them though.It istheir high Potassium content.

Hope the washing machine is alright, I have a Service contract ,for most of my appliances,it often seems a waste of money but no worries about big bills.

How useful to have your property boundary marked ,there is often dispute here re who owns which fence etc.

Hope the car is OK, Roobarb, they don’t like standing for any length of time.

Two daffodils fully open now and more almost ready , fat buds in those silvery skins ready to open.
The Muscari bought for me at Christmas can come into  the light in two more weeks.I marked it on the calendar.
Phoned friend in Shropshire ,no reply so either the carers are there or she is in hospital ,although her son keeps me updated usually.

Well a nice cup of tea and put some clean laundry away, and the I like to watch Pointless.
Cheerio folks.
Look after yourselves .
Viktoria.

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Monday 22nd February
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 23 February 21 23:55 GMT (UK) »
Well it’s a good job I made the appointment for the washing machine as it made the most horrendous noise today... I feel vindicated...
It does seem a great deal to pay but includes everything..... 🤞🤞

Good to have a storm to clear the air Ruskie....

MH - pleased to hear you had a calm sunny day and were able to get out without being drenched or blown away!

Diana - hope your dwarf Korean lilac survives the digging! Strange time to come round looking at boundaries in the snow... can’t make it easy!

Viktoria - love the idea of your son sounding like Charles Dickens! ... does he tell a good tale?

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK