Author Topic: Booking your flights and hotels for your Summer holiday?  (Read 3534 times)

Online KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Booking your flights and hotels for your Summer holiday?
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 23 February 21 20:48 GMT (UK) »
As things stand, I would have to self-isolate for 14 days on return to UK, then self-isolate for another 14 or 21 days on return to IoM!

Think I'll wait ;D
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline Bee

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 23 February 21 22:29 GMT (UK) »
Plenty of places in the UK that I'd like to visit but depending on the price of hotels/b&b's it might well be costa del back garden.
Dinsdale, Ellis, Gee, Goldsmith,Green,Hawks,Holmes,  Lacey, Longhorn, Pickersgill, Quantrill,Tuthill, Tuttle & Walker,  in E & W Yorks, Lincs, Norfolk & Suffolk. Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 24 February 21 00:05 GMT (UK) »
Not planning anything yet.... as Bee says it’ll probably be vista del back garden!
Just to see our daughter and grandsons outside at an NT garden would do us right now... not much to ask...
should have had our second jabs by April ....

The thought of getting on an plane gives me the shivers... goodness knows when we’ll get to see our son who lives in Australia.....

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline DianaCanada

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 24 February 21 00:49 GMT (UK) »
Don’t know about travel, but last year I renewed my passport - which arrived just after lockdown began.  Think they will extend it?! 
Actually, I would just like to be able to see my children.

Offline Svenja

• RootsChat Senior
  • Kreszentia Beinberger
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 24 February 21 02:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi

It depends on when I will be fully vaccinated, without vaccination I can't travel abroad, even if I don't travel by plane. Here they are still vaccinating only the people over the age of 75, so maybe it will be my turn in April or May or maybe even later. By the way I live near Lucerne in Switzerland. I'd like to travel to Munich, Germany and Besançon, France, both for research purposes. But if I have to stay in Switzerland, I'll probably spend some weeks in our beautiful mountains.

Svenja
Switzerland + USA: Iten, Letter, Besmer, Mathis, Meier, Schwager, Eisenring
Germany/Bavaria: Beinberger, Painberger, Schleich, Pfeiffer, Weber, Schelle
Germany/Bavaria: Boeck, Rauch, Pracht, Sporer, Schorer, Mahler, Grotz
Germany/Franken: Weidner, Reuss, Beifuss, Trenkert, Drenkert, Drenkart
Germany/Jewish: Bachmann, Bamberger, Straus(s), Kraus(s), Lehmann, Gutmann
I can read and write German, English and French.
I can translate from Italian and Latin to the above languages.

Offline a chesters

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 24 February 21 02:53 GMT (UK) »
Here in Oz, there is no chance of leaving the country for a holiday. There are two weeks quarantine on arrival, you paying for the privilege.

OH and I have a tour booked for April to South Australia, state borders being open (we hope), and then one in August, via Queensland. They have the habit of closing the border to NSW if anyone has a sniffle, let alone the virus :-X :-X :-X

Victoria is worse :P :P :P :P

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 24 February 21 04:44 GMT (UK) »
Yes,  well we were planning on doing the big lap,  calling into friends n Goonawindi,  staying with family at Goodnight Swamp,  reunion at Mt. Isa,  across the Savannah Way,  to T.C., up to  Nightcliff to visit favourite nephew and family,  down to Alice to my youngest sister and family, across to Broome, and all the way, slowly of course, to bestest friends at Margaret River, and take our time coming home via Port Augusta, Hay Plains, Gunning,  avoiding "Ciderknee" and back home to Birds Wharf .... nine months or so ....  but they keep on messing with the borders,  so we keep on working ....

Yep,  like AC said  when in Oz ....  ;D

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 24 February 21 05:16 GMT (UK) »
Birds Wharf  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Predictative texting...  NORDS wharf...

It's fantastical how cybernauticals got Birds out of NORDS 
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline a chesters

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 24 February 21 05:22 GMT (UK) »
The insanity of modern electrical engineering. I do not have it operating on my PC, and have not used my mobile for texting.

JM  Just make sure you spend plenty of time in Margaret River, checking out the wineries. That is one area we have not managed to get to, yet :'( :'(

AC