Author Topic: Where can I find Imperial yeomanry QSA medal clasp records?  (Read 55 times)

Offline Jack TT

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Where can I find Imperial yeomanry QSA medal clasp records?
« on: Tuesday 23 February 21 22:21 GMT (UK) »
Hello
Can anyone point me in the direction of the QSA medal/clasp awards for the 23 Coy. Imperial Yeomanry?
I am looking for Tpr. JJL Partridge no: 20141.
Think they are Nat. Archives ???
Thank you

Online ShaunJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Where can I find Imperial yeomanry QSA medal clasp records?
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 24 February 21 09:34 GMT (UK) »
It's on Ancestry - here's a link to the relevant page which you can use if you ever decide to take out a subscription: https://www.ancestry.co.uk/imageviewer/collections/1686/images/31794_221452-00865

He was a trumpeter from 6 Lancs Volunteer Artillery Corps. Cape Colony/Orange Free State/Transvaal

You have some of that already: https://www.angloboerwar.com/forum/11-research/27577-john-partridge-no-20141
UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online ShaunJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 24 February 21 11:16 GMT (UK) »
He was awarded a DCM in WW1 (as a Battery Sergeant Major, RFA, 685170) for which the citation says:

"His example in and out of action has been of the highest value in maintaining the morale and efficiency of his battery. During the final operations before Lille and Tournai the supply of ammunition was entirely dependent on this warrant officer. He discharged that duty brilliantly, frequently taking the wagons to the guns himself."
UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Jack TT

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 24 February 21 16:37 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Shaun,
I keep trying to find the National Archives records of his clasps, but cant find his record, I was looking in the WO100 section, I know he also has the 1901/1902 south Africa clasps.
Thanks again, you have just confirmed that he was a trumpeter, I thought that Tpr. meant trooper