Author Topic: DNAKits  (Read 1345 times)

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: DNAKits
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 25 February 21 14:13 GMT (UK) »
Are you saying that you can't access the autocluster tool?

The one where they send you an email to tell you your autocluster report is ready? (it takes a short time to prepare).

If so, that has nothing to do with trees as far as I know. I can access the autocluster tool and do not have a subscription to MH. If a match has a tree I can see it by clicking on "view tree", however there are others who seem to have private trees which say I need permission from the tree owner to view.

Offline Essnell

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 25 February 21 15:57 GMT (UK) »
HI Ruskie,  Yes, that is exactly it.

I tried to activate the AutoCluster Tool  and no go -  straight to this upgrade page that I keep getting sent to each time it involves a tree for someone.

It is really odd because I am working with another person and they did their AutoCluster Analysis then downloaded all three files and I have a copy, which I open here on my computer and I can work on the cluster analysis even go to the trees of those in the clusters.

It is not my account either.  The link takes me straight to MH and opens the tree and I can see any of them.  It does not make one scrap of sense.

Incidentally two others on the other side of the world are also able to do this.
The Chromosome Browser works fine.  The silly part there is that I can actually save all the data info from those comparisons to my computer - names and all  the chromosome details like snips and cMs and the locations on the chromosome  .

Ah well just have to go with the flow I expect.

Regards Essnell.

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 26 February 21 14:24 GMT (UK) »
That definitely sounds wrong - if you don't hear from them soon, keep at it until they sort it out for you.

Offline Essnell

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 26 February 21 21:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ruskie and everyone,

Well, 
I did not hear from them. I really needed to see those trees. They are the best way to see ahead with this DNA and of course these companies know that only too well.

So reluctantly I gave in about 16 hours ago and paid the extra plus more GST.    That in itself was a drama as I had to use the landline to verify who I was. Being very deaf, even with aids, I could not get the verification code. So I called support and a very helpful person answered  and confirmed my identity and payment. 

Miracles happen...  if you pay...I could access everything within seconds.

I hope this is all worth the stress etc.  and the pain in my hip pocket.

Lesson: Before you purchase a DNA Kit check your sub level for what you are eligible to be able to access.

Thanks to everyone for all your thoughts and concerns. It was very comforting.

Regards Essnell :)

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 26 February 21 23:41 GMT (UK) »
I understand that you couldn’t wait any longer to see the trees Essnell, but if you have the energy or inclination, it might be worth checking the situation with the company. You will be up for that additional subscription payment again next year otherwise. I’m still sure there is something wrong with your account.

Offline Essnell

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 27 February 21 02:47 GMT (UK) »
HI Ruskie, 

I think I could have waited forever and nothing would have changed.

I believe it has happened because it is such a long ago account that all was considered data.  It was quite odd about the trees. 
I downloaded the whole list of Matches and I have not yet opened that . I shall, just to see if that included the tree info. I did this several days ago. I also got told it was now not Protected Information   ... after I had downloaded it, in the email that was sent with it attached . 

Information after the fact.  All the way through.

Essnell

Offline GailB

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 01 March 21 01:44 GMT (UK) »
Armitage, Atherton, Barton, Beck, Bradshaw, Brumfitt, Chetwin, Conalty, Connolly, Connor(s), Davidson, Hilton, Hoey, Johnson, Jones, Knight, Lester, McDonald, Molyneux, Morris, Pownall, Rushton, Spark, Stanley, Tunstall, Welsby, West, Wharton, Williams, Wilson, Windridge, Windstandley

Offline Essnell

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 01 March 21 03:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi Gailb,

Thank you for the link.  After the damage had been done I eventually discovered that part of the site.

Just wish I had before going down this track.   

Wouldn't it be good for MH to include something about this before you can actually commit to buying a kit.   They are so good at checking other things. I get an email every time I access the site just in case it is by someone else. I do not get that from anyone else.   

It is a catch 22 where one or the other looses out on cash.   And they have the control.

Regards
Essnell.