Author Topic: Armstrong family Belfast  (Read 3082 times)

Offline Kk7

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Armstrong family Belfast
« Reply #63 on: Thursday 25 February 21 13:01 GMT (UK) »
Apologies I think spell check is working wonders on me!! Scotmum.... :)
No worries at all .. I am using Belfast forum too and the combination of the two is great!!

Offline Kk7

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Thursday 25 February 21 14:33 GMT (UK) »
May I just say. Thankyou so much. Have now had the time to sit down /read/print and have A LOTTTTT to go through and process investigate. Please keep any info coming and I thank you all again.

Offline Kk7

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Thursday 25 February 21 20:59 GMT (UK) »
Just had a breakthrough thanks to a wonderful help.

Elizabeth Armstrong Kildare. Birth registered as 1866 it is her with father Joseph ward and mother Mary Byrne.

She married William Armstrong 1892.

I believe she was born into a Catholic family.

Offline Kk7

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: Monday 01 March 21 22:31 GMT (UK) »
I have found a birth of an Elizabeth ward to a Joseph ward and Margaret ward. In 1866. Could this be Lizzie Armstrong. I just can't see nor match why on one census it says she was born in Kildare....

Offline Kk7

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: Monday 01 March 21 22:49 GMT (UK) »
Definitely a brick wall here as in the 1901 census Lizzie is still living with her parents Joseph and Margaret ward aged 35. But my Lizzie was married in 1892

Offline bally2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: Thursday 04 March 21 19:03 GMT (UK) »
Hello. My 2xgreat-grandfather, Robert Armstrong (1848-1926), was a stonemason and was connected to the Armstrong's of Pollee/Broughshane (although I'm not sure how they are all connected). His father, also Robert, was also a mason. I haven't found stonemason to be a common profession amongst the Armstrongs in that area, so your William is interesting. I will delve into this a bit more to see if I can make any connections. However, I believe my Robert to have been born in Ireland.

Offline Kk7

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: Thursday 04 March 21 22:33 GMT (UK) »
Hello. My 2xgreat-grandfather, Robert Armstrong (1848-1926), was a stonemason and was connected to the Armstrong's of Pollee/Broughshane (although I'm not sure how they are all connected). His father, also Robert, was also a mason. I haven't found stonemason to be a common profession amongst the Armstrongs in that area, so your William is interesting. I will delve into this a bit more to see if I can make any connections. However, I believe my Robert to have been born in Ireland.

Yes please do and let me know. I have seen my great X2 grandfather William armstrongs profession in the census as bithe stonemason/farmer interchangeably. This would help me greatly and I hope you too :D

Offline bally2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: Monday 08 March 21 17:39 GMT (UK) »
I haven't been able to piece together the Armstrong connection in Pollee, but there is quite a bit on ancestry about Margaret in Canada. There is a family tree showing her family. She married a Dan Carson (looks like in England) and they went to the US and then Canada. Thomas Armstrong's Canadian immigration record is on Ancestry and he went out to his sister (Mrs. D. Carson) in 1920. She is listed on the 1920 US census in Minnesota and the 1921 census for Warspite, Canada as Peggy Carson. If you don't have ancestry, let me know and I can give you more details.

Offline Kk7

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: Monday 08 March 21 20:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi I have ancestry have a bit more info as well if you'd like to see my tree send me a pm and I can share with you.
Thomas died from TB in Canada sadly I think he was 30. We were always told it was a logging accident.