Author Topic: Tythe Valuation for Parish of St. Mary's Newtownbarry - Misfiled, or Missing?  (Read 497 times)

Offline Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
Tythe Valuation for Parish of St. Mary's Newtownbarry - Misfiled, or Missing?
« on: Wednesday 24 February 21 18:53 GMT (UK) »
I can't see the tythe valuation for the parish of St. Mary's Bunclody/Newtownbarry on the NAI genealogy site.
http://titheapplotmentbooks.nationalarchives.ie/search/tab/home.jsp

Now some parish tythe surveys are truly lost, but most of the "missing" parishes on the NAI site are actually simply misfiled rather than lost. [Shocking that this is still true today, after all these years!]
Examples of some misfiled Wexford parishes I know of include:
Kilrush, misfiled with Kilrush Co Waterford
Carnew, misfiled somewhere I can't recall,
Rosslare, listed as "missing" in guides, but exists, under another parish in the CofI parish union,
Whitechurchglynn, mislfiled with Whitechurch,
and several others!

So, to return to my query, anyone know if St. Mary's Newtownbarry/Bunclody exists or is it truly lost?
BRENNANx2 Davidstown/Taghmon,Ballybrennan; COOPER St.Helens;CREAN Raheennaskeagh/Ballywalter;COSGRAVE Castlebridge?;CULLEN Lady's Island;CULLETON Forth Commons;CURRAN Hillbrook, Wic;DOYLE Clonee/Tombrack;FOX Knockbrandon; FURLONG Moortown;HAYESx2 Walsheslough/Wex;McGILL Litter;MORRIS Forth Commons;PIERCE Ladys Island;POTTS Bennettstown;REDMOND Gerry; ROCHEx2 Wex; ROCHFORD Ballysampson/Ballyhit;SHERIDAN Moneydurtlow; SINNOTT Wex;SMYTH Gerry/Oulart;WALSH Kilrane/Wex; WHITE Tagoat area