Author Topic: Looking for information on a Richard Delaney from Wexford  (Read 584 times)

Offline chris946

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Looking for information on a Richard Delaney from Wexford
« on: Thursday 25 February 21 20:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi everyone. I’ve been doing my family tree(s) on and off for a while but recently did a DNA test and have found out a bit more information about a relative which I’m hoping might help to identify him.
My relative is a Richard Delaney from Wexford / Leinster area of Ireland. There are lots of Richard Delaney’s around there, mostly from seafaring backgrounds. However the one I am searching for went to work in Coventry during WW2and stayed at Sherbourne Hostel for munitions workers. I know he was there in 1945 but not sure how long before and after that date.
There are several Richard Delaney’s in Wexford it could be, but some would have probably been too old. The ones that fit best are Richard Joseph Delaney, (Capt) 1909-1985 and Richard Delaney 1905-1980 who I think was also a sailor and later a plumber. I know he was married at the time but that’s about all I know.
If anyone has any information or has any suggestions how I can find out which one was in Coventry in the war, I would be really grateful.
Thanks for any help. Chris.