Author Topic: jutsum North/south molten , breakthrough  (Read 563 times)

Offline frederickay

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
jutsum North/south molten , breakthrough
« on: Sunday 28 February 21 01:58 GMT (UK) »
I am so close to a breakthrough ]with my London Devon Jutsum family , if i knew how to work site i would include all my threads but i dont and i have been using this site for years so i have a lot of similar posts. my apologies in advance.
My main aim has been to match the South/North Molten Jutsums to my confirmed William Cook Jutsum  family 1800 in London , this week it hs been confirmed by records there is a John Thomas Jutsum born 1802 in theLondon  family, as an aside a convict transported 1829 for stealing a 8 shilling milk jug
  It now seems that William cook Jutsum father is  John b,1734 and an  unknown Elizabeth of Devon,
 John probably being the son of John and Sarah nee (Cook )Jutsum .
His wife and mother of his many children was Ann nee Baker but i dont think she is my Johns Mother.
I am getting myself in a tither and need help. Years ago i think Krisjoint may have helped me with this same question but i cant find the thread or what her thinking was.
 i am happy for any help.TIA Fred 
valentine.fairhurst,hayes,hammond,codling,rust.norfolk.deyrujo.jutsum.wharton.lacey,probert,prickett,preby atherley-jones.clifton ..london /china. judd, eubank , dixon , hine , airey ,park .twentyman , dampier , jones in suffolk , limby , derrick , stockwell..

Online rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline frederickay

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: jutsum North/south molten , breakthrough
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 28 February 21 23:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi all , further to this post i am now looking for the children of John Jutsum born 1734 and his wife Elizabeth Townson/Townsend I have found  their daughter  Elisabeth Townsend White nee Jutsum born 1763 -1833 in St Thomas Devon and their son William Cook Jutsum born 1771 Devon death London date unknown . . i am looking to see if a John Jutsum gunsmith marries Mary Skinner and their relationship to the family above . Mary Jutsum nee Skinner leaves money in her 1817  to Elizabeth White and William Cook Jutsum but does not specify her relationship to them . Any help joining the dots , will break a twenty year wall . nearly there, thanks fred ,
valentine.fairhurst,hayes,hammond,codling,rust.norfolk.deyrujo.jutsum.wharton.lacey,probert,prickett,preby atherley-jones.clifton ..london /china. judd, eubank , dixon , hine , airey ,park .twentyman , dampier , jones in suffolk , limby , derrick , stockwell..

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 01 March 21 01:52 GMT (UK) »
A John Jutsum of St. Thomas the Apostle (Exeter)  married a Mary Skinner by licence 27/3/1783 Petrock, Exeter - no status given, no occupation although I can't see that they had any children.   Both signed, witnesses Elizabeth Swet and William Hancock.

Annette
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline frederickay

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 01 March 21 02:54 GMT (UK) »
Thank you this is the pair I am looking for but I need the husband age and or parents and then I might have cracked it .Mary will dated 1817 probate is on ancestry but I can’t read it all to see the relationships , thanks for your help.so close now , fred

Offline DRH123

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 01 March 21 08:22 GMT (UK) »
In her will Mary refers to Elizabeth Townsend White as her "daughter-in-law". That most likely means what we would nowadays call "step-daughter". I.e. It looks like Mary was a second wife to the John who was Elizabeth Townsend White's father.

David