Author Topic: John PERRY Will  (Read 862 times)

Offline Jaznjjj

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John PERRY Will
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 02 March 21 11:06 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks, I'll have a look but I think it is another branch of the family. Still, I am gathering them in even if I don't see yet how they fit.  The Perrys look like an extended family which remained in situ in Haselbury Plucknett for quite a long time.  It is going to make DNA interesting if we can get meaningful results, which might be difficult given the number of generations back.  I do have quite a few generations further back recorded - but I have to work on the documentation.  John's wife, Mary, was a Tytherleigh and they have quite a history going back to the 1200s.  Not quite as interesting to me as the more recent generations.  Ta.  Jennifer   

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 02 March 21 11:20 GMT (UK) »
Yes I saw that John/Mary and children also on FreeREG. He was a Labourer
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline Jaznjjj

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 02 March 21 20:37 GMT (UK) »
Yes, I'll see what FreeReg have to say about him.  I am slowly gathering his information and finding/confirming his connections.  Thank you again. 

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 03 March 21 10:25 GMT (UK) »
Sorry I am confused.

If you are descended from George 1819 then his Father was John occp Carrier ?

Marriage Cert to Elizabeth Slade has his Father as John a Yeoman.
A Hannah Squire Perry was a witness.

So his Mother I would say.

A Hannah Perry was buried 05 Aug 1848 HP age 60.

So this is them in 1841;
John Perry     58 Carrier
Hannah Perry   55
Elizabeth Perry   24
George Perry   22
Hanah Perry   15

Mary TYTHERLEIGH/John PERRY married 1801.

Children were;
Thos 1802
Mary 1803
Sarah 1808
Sarah 1811
Jane 1813
Heber 1816
Edward 1820
Last 2 have Father a Labourer

Edward married a Harriet Perry 1839 unfortunately Fathers aren't named on FreeREG

Trish :)

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline Jaznjjj

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 03 March 21 11:18 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Trish, I am still working them out.  My line of descent goes: 
John 1782,
Thomas 1802,
George 1830,
George Donald 1858 (on the Isle of Wight)
and so on down the generations.   

John's sons Thomas (1802) and Heber (1816) left Somerset and settled on the Isle of Wight.  I suspect that Mary died (I have found a possible burial 1828 at Haselbury Plucknett - and I make conjecture that John then married Hannah.  I looked to see if the children of the possible two marriages of John were in sequence and it does work only if you allow Elizabeth to be a child of the first marriage (i.e. born 1817) and George ditto (1819) with Hanah (born 1826 not being a good fit if Mary died 1828 and Hanah being named after her mother.  I am thinking on my feet so I suspect that Mary did die, but later than 1828.  I will have to do more checking through bdm and see if I can find a baptism for Hannah. 

John is listed variously as a carrier or a labourer.  His father, Elias, was also a carrier.

Thank you for the help and introducing me to FreeReg! 

Jennifer

Offline Jaznjjj

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 03 March 21 11:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi Trish. I think there is a flaw in my logic.  Let me think about it.   Jennifer

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 04 March 21 11:12 GMT (UK) »
It appears to me that there were 2 Johns. One married to Mary Tytherleigh and the other too Hannah Squire.

Both Johns had different occps.

I will look over this again in a couple of days when I have more time.

Trish :)

Offline Jaznjjj

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 08 March 21 20:49 GMT (UK) »
John Perry's will arrived.  I tried to attach it in case anyone is interested but it wouldn't load.  PM me if interested and I can email it or get it out there some other way.  The will mentions John's wife Hannah, daughter Hannah who married Thomas Slabe?, son George Perry, brother Richard Perry, witness Robert Perry, what appears to be a creditor Thomas Bagley.  There could be other names buried in the text which is very difficult to read.  I agree, it looks like there were two John Perrys and it will take some work to sort them out. My best guess is cousins or a similar level of relationship. I am almost certainly descended from the union of John Perry and Mary Tytherleigh.  I don't want to ignore the possibility that there was a second marriage of John to Hannah but the ages of the children don't synch.  I have more work to do, yes?  Jennifer