Author Topic: Searching for the 1897 birth record for Morgan Owen, Dinas Cross, Pembrokeshire  (Read 357 times)

Offline Walt69

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
I am searching for the birth record Morgan Owen(s), a possible grand or great uncle, born out of wedlock on 19th May 1897 in Dinas, Pembrokeshire, Wales, UK. He was raised by his grandparents, (my great grandparents) John & Mary Owen, at Yetybontbren, Dinas Cross.
I have records that show that his grandparents, John & Mary Owen, were non-conformists.
I have found Morgan in multiple census records, including the 1939 census, but nothing that identifies his parents.
I believe he also served and was wounded, in WWI.
I believe that Morgan’s mother may have been the child of my grandmother or one of her sisters.

I believe that he died in 1985 in Haverfordwest District, Wales.

If I ordered a copy of his birth record from the GRO would it provide detailed names of his parents even if he was born out of wedlock?

I have an old photo (1910-1913) of Morgan (holding the cat) with two of his aunts and his grandmother in front of the Owen family home at Yetybontbren, Dinas Cross.

Any assistance or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Searching for the 1897 birth record for Morgan Owen, Dinas Cross, Pembrokeshire
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 02 March 21 01:50 GMT (UK) »
I see his full name was Morgan Lewis Owen birth Sept.qtr.1897 Haverfordwest and GRO index confirms no mmn i.e. illegitimate.

He married as plain Morgan to an Amelia Lewis in Sept.1921 Cardigan (where their 3 daughters born).

His mothers name will definitely be on his birth certificate but not his father (probably a certain Mr. Lewis).

Annette 
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Walt69

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Searching for the 1897 birth record for Morgan Owen, Dinas Cross, Pembrokeshire
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 02 March 21 03:34 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Annette, your reply and information are much appreciated.

I will request his birth certificate from the GRO in order to at least confirm his mother's name.

Thanks again,

Walt