Author Topic: New census 2021 form  (Read 11167 times)

Offline suey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • The light is on but there's no-one at home!
    • View Profile
Re: New census form
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 04 March 21 20:28 GMT (UK) »
Yes recieved the letter two days ago along with reference number to enable filing online...and a phone number if you want them to send a paper copy

Yes, like iluleah received the letter yesterday with the 16 digit code. Going to fill it in online soon, here in Northern Ireland.

Ooo errr 🤔 I’m going to have to go bin diving.  Just a leaflet in ours, thought I’d read through it and chucked it in the recycling bin. Better go and have another look. I have serious lock down brain at the moment 🙄
All census lookups are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Sussex - Knapp. Nailard. Potten. Coleman. Pomfrey. Carter. Picknell
Greenwich/Woolwich. - Clowting. Davis. Kitts. Ferguson. Lowther. Carvalho. Pressman. Redknap. Argent.
Hertfordshire - Sturgeon. Bird. Rule. Claxton. Taylor. Braggins

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 04 March 21 23:09 GMT (UK) »
Next year in Scotland.
Cowban

Offline gaffy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 04 March 21 23:17 GMT (UK) »
Got my letter with the 16 digit code earlier this week, went online and completed it with no problem - I'm in Northern Ireland.

Maybe they phase it to minimise potential online peaks?

Online Rena

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copyright: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 04 March 21 23:59 GMT (UK) »
I'm in Lancashire and received notification of the imminent arrival of the 2021 census form and an invitation to fill it in. The email advised to look on the council website for further information.

I have now looked at their website and see the blank form is already on the site ready to fill in.  Why on earth didn't they say so in their email?
Aberdeen: Findlay-Shirras,McCarthy: MidLothian: Mason,Telford,Darling,Cruikshanks,Bennett,Sime, Bell: Lanarks:Crum, Brown, MacKenzie,Cameron, Glen, Millar; Ross: Urray:Mackenzie:  Moray: Findlay; Marshall/Marischell: Perthshire: Brown Ferguson: Wales: McCarthy, Thomas: England: Almond, Askin, Dodson, Well(es). Harrison, Maw, McCarthy, Munford, Pye, Shearing, Smith, Smythe, Speight, Strike, Wallis/Wallace, Ward, Wells;Germany: Flamme,Ehlers, Bielstein, Germer, Mohlm, Reupke

Offline Musicman

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 05 March 21 07:29 GMT (UK) »
My form arrived yesterday, so put in a safe place.  All I hope is that I remember where that place is!  :D

Offline Gillg

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 05 March 21 10:15 GMT (UK) »
Our letter with code arrived this morning (rural Devon).  Like Musicman I will put it in a safe place and hope I will remember where that was.  I'm interested to read that you should include everybody who usually lives in your house, even if they are away from home on March 21st, but anyone from a different address who is staying overnight at your address on that date should be included on your form as a visitor.  Doesn't that mean that they will be included both on your form and on their own home form? :-\
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

FAIREY/FAIRY/FAREY/FEARY, LAWSON, CHURCH, BENSON, HALSTEAD from Easton, Ellington, Eynesbury, Gt Catworth, Huntingdon, Spaldwick, Hunts;  Burnley, Lancs;  New Zealand, Australia & US.

HURST, BOLTON,  BUTTERWORTH, ADAMSON, WILD, MCIVOR from Milnrow, Newhey, Oldham & Rochdale, Lancs., Scotland.

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 05 March 21 10:21 GMT (UK) »
It does mean that they would be entered twice but there should not be many of those because of Lockdown  :)

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline andrewalston

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My granddad
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Friday 05 March 21 18:50 GMT (UK) »
It does mean that they would be entered twice but there should not be many of those because of Lockdown  :)
... But you can book a holiday in Scotland or the IoM for next year and get yourself on twice.  Possibly three times depending on the timing!  ;D ;D
Looking at ALSTON in south Ribble area, ALSTEAD and DONBAVAND/DUNBABIN etc. everywhere, HOWCROFT and MARSH in Bolton and Westhoughton, PICKERING in the Whitehaven area.

Census information is Crown Copyright. See www.nationalarchives.gov.uk for details.

Offline tup1

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Friday 05 March 21 19:01 GMT (UK) »
We have received card but nothing else I am in Lincolnshire