Author Topic: 1904 Italian Birth Certificate - Help, please for a tricky paragraph.  (Read 233 times)

Offline Zacktyr

• RootsChat Veteran
  • My little paperweight!
    • View Profile
1904 Italian Birth Certificate - Help, please for a tricky paragraph.
« on: Friday 05 March 21 02:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I think I have transliterated the majority of the paragraph attached below, correctly.  However, I'd be grateful for any input.  There are 3 words highlighted that are giving me some trouble.  This paragraph seems to be implying something about the child's parents but I can't quite get it straight in translation to English.  It was the midwife who brought the child for registration and she reported the name of the mother as Iadanza C., a housewife, and she gives the name of the husband.  Nothing out of the ordinary in that portion of the registration.  I've included both the transliterated portion and my translation.

Transliteration:
"La dichiarante ha denunziata la nascita suddetta per avere nella sua indicata qualito prestati i sussidi dell arte pea nell atto del parto ed in luogo del marito della Iadanza, il quale non ha potuto denunziar la perche lontacco dal Comune."

Translation:
The declarant denounced the aforementioned birth in order to have given the aids of art pea in the act of childbirth and in place of the husband of Iadanza, who was unable to report her because he was away from the Municipality.

CRN-Hocking
DVN-Bickle.Doble.Harris.Hill.Nrthcte
KEN-Austen.Bodeker.Collard.Dodd.Duncan.Eaton.Gregry.Hammnd.Herman.Hills.Hodgs.Ivysn.
James.Kemp.Milstd.Nut.Owlet.Ruck.Spilet.Terry.Tilby.Thmsn.Walker
SOM-Baker.Clatworthy.Linton.Parker.Smith.Stone.Twose
ABD-Barclay.Cruickshank.McKenzie.Shepherd.Club
LKS-Douglas.Gunn.Turner
MLN-Dicks/Dickson.Duff.Lindsay.Young
SHI-Bain.Cluness.Fordyce.Gray.Petrie
ASSISTANCE PROVIDED HERE IS FROM MY OWN DIRECT EXPERIENCE & NOT TO BE CONSTRUED AS LEGAL ADVICE

Offline matthewj64

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile

Offline Zacktyr

• RootsChat Veteran
  • My little paperweight!
    • View Profile
Re: 1904 Italian Birth Certificate - Help, please for a tricky paragraph.
« Reply #2 on: Friday 05 March 21 08:59 GMT (UK) »
Brilliant, Matthew,

Many thanks.  That's nailed it perfectly!

Susan
CRN-Hocking
DVN-Bickle.Doble.Harris.Hill.Nrthcte
KEN-Austen.Bodeker.Collard.Dodd.Duncan.Eaton.Gregry.Hammnd.Herman.Hills.Hodgs.Ivysn.
James.Kemp.Milstd.Nut.Owlet.Ruck.Spilet.Terry.Tilby.Thmsn.Walker
SOM-Baker.Clatworthy.Linton.Parker.Smith.Stone.Twose
ABD-Barclay.Cruickshank.McKenzie.Shepherd.Club
LKS-Douglas.Gunn.Turner
MLN-Dicks/Dickson.Duff.Lindsay.Young
SHI-Bain.Cluness.Fordyce.Gray.Petrie
ASSISTANCE PROVIDED HERE IS FROM MY OWN DIRECT EXPERIENCE & NOT TO BE CONSTRUED AS LEGAL ADVICE