Author Topic: Who was Helen Harrison??  (Read 2025 times)

Offline worth

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Who was Helen Harrison?? UPDATE!!
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 16 March 21 17:55 GMT (UK) »
Just a quick update on Mabel Harrison for all that helpeed me.
I have the birth certificate now for Day Harrison, date of birth is given as 15 January 1883, which is the same as the date on the 1939 register, so thats good. Also mother is given as Sarah Ellen Harrison which is even better as the name Ellen Harrison is given on Mabels marriage certificate, no father is mentioned so happy days. Now all i have to do is find the correct Sarah Ellen Harrison in the census xxxx

Offline softly softly

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Who was Helen Harrison??
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 16 March 21 19:05 GMT (UK) »
Worth, thank you for sharing your update. So we now know who "Helen" was. As you say now to find Sarah's birth and possible marriage.

John

Offline Mabel Bagshawe

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 16 March 21 21:03 GMT (UK) »
Worth, some thoughts for the back burner file. When Mabel was baptised (1883) her mother is recorded as Sarah Anne Harrison. In 1891 as you say Mabel is in the household of Robert Millns. When Mabel married the two witnesses were Thomas and Margaret Millns. Robert Millns and his wife Rebecca were living in Marston on the 1881 census ref RG11 3298 15 3. Also living in Marston at the time of the 1881 census in the household of an Abram Fenton Ref 4251 5 3 is a 15 year old Sarah Harrison occ Servant born Gt Marston, possibly Mabel's mother?

John

This Abram Fenton is in Marton Lancashire not Nottinghamshire

Offline worth

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 17 March 21 12:49 GMT (UK) »
Mabel Bagshawe, just had another look and yes your correct, definatley in Lancashire, not Lincolnshire, and its whether she called herself Sarah Harrison or Helen Harrison on the census, 2 names and 1 woman, she certainly didnt make it easy to find her x