Author Topic: My Heritage DNA upload question  (Read 557 times)

Offline Beavances

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
My Heritage DNA upload question
« on: Monday 08 March 21 16:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi
I saw the post on here the other day about the offer for uploading DNA to My Heritage which I have done both for myself and one other persons DNA which I manage. I have opened a My Heritage page and it says '2DNA kits' so I am presuming that I successfully managed to do the downloading from Ancestry and uploading to My Heritage.

What I am now wondering is will I have to create two more trees on My Heritage for when any potential matches come rolling in? What can I expect the results to look like on My Heritage?

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: My Heritage DNA upload question
« Reply #1 on: Monday 08 March 21 16:23 GMT (UK) »
They said 5-7 days but mine was ready in 2-3.They just linked it to me and the same  tree.  Good to see that Ancestry and 23andme agreed  ;D
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Beavances

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 08 March 21 16:34 GMT (UK) »
Hi Gadget
Thank you for your reply. Can I ask did you make a fresh tree on My Heritage ? Or do you just get a list of possible matches? I don't want  to get too involved with another site as I already have lots of information on Ancestry.

Offline Janethepain

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 08 March 21 18:21 GMT (UK) »
You could download a gedcom from Ancestry, and up load that to My Heritage.  You would then be able to upload updated trees (from ancestry), at interals, to keep the MyHeritage record up to date.
Allison - Rumford Stirlingshire & Ireland
Quinn - Rumford, Glasgow, Monklands & Tyrone
Convoy - Rumford, Monklands & Tyrone
Burke - Glasgow, Clifden Galway
Duffy - Cleland Lanarkshire, Monklands, Falkirk, Ireland
Curran - Cleland, Ireland
Reynolds - Cleland, Shettleston, Tollcross, Antrim
McDermott - Cleland, Shotts, (London)Derry

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 08 March 21 18:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi Gadget
Thank you for your reply. Can I ask did you make a fresh tree on My Heritage ? Or do you just get a list of possible matches? I don't want  to get too involved with another site as I already have lots of information on Ancestry.

I just uploaded my 23 and me to go with my Ancestry one and it just allocated the 23andme to me and my tree.

I really don't like the way MH displays the trees and listings - I just don't use the tree for ref. I've not looked at mine for ages.

PS - I look at matches' trees though  ;D
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Beavances

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 08 March 21 18:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi -
I think i better get busy! I only uploaded my DNA to My Heritage on Friday ( and to be honest I was not fully confident that I had done it properly) and I have have had an email to say the results to one of one of the DNA sets are all ready in. 

Ill do as you two have done, I think  - up load a tree but just use it to find DNA matches.

I've found it disappointing in Ancestry to see just how many matches I've got where people have not got  an on-line tree or if they have it is very very small so I don't want to be doing the same thing myself on My Heritage

Thank you for your ideas - it has helped me make a decision.

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Tracing myself back to better people.Or maybe not!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 09 March 21 15:40 GMT (UK) »
The only annoying thing....you cannot send a message to another member unless you pay to be a member yourself, so basically useless to try and connect to anyone. Unless you are prepared to pay.

I also keep getting messages saying you can add 40 people to "Joe Bloggs", but when I check the 40 people half of them are incorrect.

AREA, Nottinghamshire. Lincolnshire. Staffordshire. Leicestershire, Morayshire.
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing.Wink. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley