Author Topic: 582 Sqadron - Lancaster 6O-P  (Read 649 times)

Offline alangoodwin

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
582 Sqadron - Lancaster 6O-P
« on: Wednesday 10 March 21 08:52 GMT (UK) »
I am trying to contact any surviving family of the crew of this pathfinder lancaster lost without trace on a mission to Hagan 15 March 1945.
My uncle William Goodwin, aged 19 was the flight engineer.
The other crew mwmbers were:

UNDERWOOD,DFC  William Harry Thomas
ROBSON  Richard William; Son of Richard and Sarah Elizabeth Robson, of West Hartlepool, Co.
LEWIS John William; Son of William Thomas Lewis and Edith Lewis, of Abergavenny, Monmouthshire.
CANTWELL  Richard Power; Royal Australian Air Force. Son of Richard and Louisa May Cantwell of Marouba, New South Wales, Australia.
MURRAY  George; Son of William Murray, and of Elizabeth Murray,of Lanesboro, Co. Longford, Republic of Ireland.
WILLER  Gordon Oliver Son of Thomas W. and Amplias E. Willer, of Quinton, Birmingham.

Any information, contacts, leads or pictures gratefully accepted.
Kindest Alan

Offline daretodiscover

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: 582 Sqadron - Lancaster 6O-P
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 17 March 21 20:52 GMT (UK) »
Hello Alan,

This may help with the RAAF member of this crew. His father's name was Richard Cantwell and he passed away in Maroubra, NSW on 18 March 1951. He was 73. His mother, Louisa May, passed in Gulgong NSW 26 July 1968.

Three sons are named, one being your subject. Charles Power Cantwell, retired Police Superintendent of Kurrajong, passed away 26 April 1989, aged 76. There are living people in his obituary.

His last brother was John, who went by Jack. There is an obituary from 2010 but I do not have access to the Age for that year.

DTD

Offline alangoodwin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: 582 Sqadron - Lancaster 6O-P
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 18 March 21 20:06 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for that info. It has already put me in touch with someone who has some family history.
Much appretiated.