Author Topic: Joseph Wibberley of Ashbourne  (Read 595 times)

Offline nannyj

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Joseph Wibberley of Ashbourne
« on: Wednesday 10 March 21 17:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Ive been going round and round in circles for days here. Any help would be appreciated.

I have John Wibberley baptised in 1733 at Ashbourne to Joseph and Elizabeth Wibberley.

The only Joseph I can find baptised is 1674 in neighbouring Kniveton to Bryan Wibberley. My John has several children including a Bryan, Jane, Robert and an Isaac. All names that appear to Wibberleys in kniveton and Ashbourne.

On a family tree, it has Joseph baptised at Ashbourne in 1688, but no sign of that on the parish register. It also says that he married Elizabeth Frimley in 1725, (father Ralph Frimley) Elizabeth was apparently baptised 1699. Can’t find her either.

In kniveton, I found:

a Joseph wibberley marrying a Mary Hurd in 1704.

Joseph wibberley having children 1705 to 1718 (including a John baptised 1709). I didn’t find a burial for Mary. No mention of wife’s name on any of the entries.

In Ashbourne:

Joseph having children starting with Anne in 1726, Joseph 1728-1731, Joseph 1731-1732 and my John 1733. John is the only one with a mother’s name (Elizabeth).

Can anyone see a marriage for a Joseph wibberley and Elizabeth and a birth for either of them?

Many thanks

Jacqui

Jamiesons, Martins and McGonigals of Coleraine, Londonderry
and
Cullens, Grahams and Challenors of Dublin county and city.