Author Topic: William Pierce -soldier- 1782 St. Clement, Jersey -seeking info-  (Read 2579 times)

Offline Alan of Kaslo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
William Pierce -soldier- 1782 St. Clement, Jersey -seeking info-
« on: Thursday 11 March 21 23:38 GMT (UK) »
Greetings.

I am searching for any information I can find on a soldier who lived on the Channel Islands in the late 1700's. His name was William Pierce. He had my great-grandmother who was baptized October 20 ,1782 in St. Clement, Jersey. Mother is listed as Elizabeth.

That is all I can find. After much searching i'm brickwalling on any more siblings for Catherine or any info about the parents. It's possible they were stationed at Channel Islands only for a short time. I see no reference to William Pierce other then the the 1782 birth.

Now as I read up I realize there was an invasion of the Channel Islands in 1781. William Pierce would likely have been involved in the battle. Not sure though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Death_of_Major_Peirson,_6_January_1781

I used Jerripedia to find Catherine's birth to begin with ... since have come up blank.

https://www.theislandwiki.org/index.php/St_Helier_marriages_1795-1824_-_H

Any pointers or help greatly appreciated. Ultimately i'd love to know Elizabeth's surname/parents, William's parents... but at this point I'd just be happy to get any information possible to fill the picture in a little.

Thanks in advance.

Stewart. Scott. Bruce. McPherson. McMurray. McKibbin . McKay. McCann. Mckrinkine. McClewnan. McCallum. Joss. Ross. Morrison. Chapman. Middlemiss. Robinson. Conlon. Duffy. Dalgarno. Crookshank. Gammack. Ramsay. Mutch. Crawford. Orr. Galbraith. Kerr. Fergusson. Campbell.

Offline nikkstercricket

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: William Pierce -soldier- 1782 St. Clement, Jersey -seeking info-
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 27 November 21 10:00 GMT (UK) »
Just seen on that FB group that 'the islandwiki.org' is being phased out so better to use the new website - www.jerripedia.org
Holmes
Davey
Cullen
Carruthers