Author Topic: Diary > Thursday 11th March  (Read 601 times)

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
Diary > Thursday 11th March
« on: Friday 12 March 21 00:05 GMT (UK) »
A good news day today. I got a message from my doctor's surgery asking me to contact them about a vaccination appointment, so I've now got one! Yaay!  :D  No more clicking madly around the website, no more taking my phone with me every time I go upstairs, just in case of a call from the surgery. I was so relieved.

It was really windy, it dropped a bit later on in the morning. Went out for a walk, through the woods then crossed the railway bridge. I was going to walk a little way down the lane at the other side then cross the railway back into the woods but there was a huge puddle right across the lane so I returned by the same route.

Did the art class homework, a painting related to St David's day in any medium. I painted a daffodil in acrylic inks, it took me longer to dig out my materials than to paint it.
My new SIM card arrived for the spare phone, I went online and put some credit on it but it wouldn't connect to the network. Couldn't face their chat line again, will leave it till tomorrow. Also received the form about the census. No Covid test yet.

My friend L returned my phone call from earlier, I'd phoned to tell her about my appointment. As usual we had a long chat about allsorts, she hasn't yet watched the Landscape Artist programme so we'll keep that discussion for another day.

Did some fish for tea, I overcooked it so it was dry, wasn't paying proper attention to what I was doing. Must try harder. Watched the Tonight programme, was absolutely astounded at the 81 year old fitness instructor. Was rather perturbed earlier in the programme to hear that loneliness is a greater health hazard than smoking. They tell us this in amongst all the things that we can actually control like diet and exercise. And sorry Martin Kemp, despite what the app tells you I don't think you look forty-two.

Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline carol80

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Edwin Stonehouse 1906-1970
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Thursday 11th March
« Reply #1 on: Friday 12 March 21 00:54 GMT (UK) »
Congratulations on your appiontment for your vaccine Roobarb.
Auckland has just dropped to Level 1, so the whole country is now at level 1.
My tentative month for my vaccine is May not because of my age but because of health.
After a few days of rain another muggy day here.
Not much to say expect Stay Safe Stay Strong
Carol
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Stonehouse(York,Durham,Canada)Laurie(Scotland,York)Biddiss(All)Love(Scotland,Australia) Byers(Durham)Demaine(York)Dennison(York)Raine(Durham)Jefferson(Durham)Muir(Durham)
Johnston (Scotland)Hunter(Scotland)Johnson(York)
and many more.

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 12 March 21 08:01 GMT (UK) »
Oh that’s great news Roobarb and a great relief... no more worrying now!
The comment about loneliness being a bigger health hazard than smoking it quite staggering to hear.....especially if it was just slipped in amongst other concerns!

Carol - good to hear that you’re back to level one... although not sure what that actually means! Hope you’re keeping well though and May will soon come round as the months seem to fly by!

Got woken by a loud bang .... realised it was a door certainly woke with a start! Had trouble going back to sleep and it was to early to get up so read for a while..
The wind had been very strong overnight and the rain was at times beating on the windows... as forecast!
After breakfast I got ready to go out to Lidl’s... just hoping no trees had come down along my route... the store was reasonably busy but not to bad.. it would have helped if some people weren’t shopping in twos especially the doddery chap who seemed to like taking his stance in the middle of the isle with his arms folded whilst his wife did the shopping! Twice I had to say excuse me ...
I popped in to the greengrocers too and that was me done... not so many people about but that could just have been the weather!
Nice cuppa when I got back and shopping dealt with...
It was a sunshine and showers day and very windy...
not much else achieved ... some reading, scrabble and cooking!
Had meatballs in a spinach sauce with jkt potato and green veg.
Usual evening of tv..

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 12 March 21 09:23 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for your congratulations re my appointment. A friend of mine has booked her first appointment at a centre 40 miles away and the second one 25 miles away! I'm pleased i waited.
Glad to hear you're back down to level 1 Carol, good news that you have a date for your vaccination.

Caroline, what annoyed me about the loneliness comment was that they said it as if it was a lifestyle choice, like eating loads of junk food or something.
Glad to hear you got the grocery shopping done quickly despite the infuriating customers.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 12 March 21 09:26 GMT (UK) »
Good news you got offered your appointment Roobarb.

Any news about a holiday policy for NZ Carol? Is there a "corridor" between Oz and NZ, or are the borders still closed to all? 
H is still optimistic we might get our postponed tour late in 2021, but I have my doubts.

It was very windy during the night, I'm not surprised you got woken by banging Caroline, but it is a horrid thing to happen, then you can't get back to sleep for all the adrenaline sloshing around. Then needing to be out early.... hey ho!!

Nothing much going on here.
A bit of an email exchange with a 5th cousin discovered from RootsTech.
It seems I have hundreds of distant unknown cousins all over the USA, whose ancestors emigrated from Baden Wurttemberg in Germany, during the 19th century.
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 12 March 21 10:04 GMT (UK) »
Good news about your appointment Roobarb.  :)

It seems like it was wild weather all round on Thursday - we had a late morning storm from a slow moving cell with some quite heavy rain and local flooding. It did clear the air somewhat and was a lot less humid afterwards.

I was at daughter’s house and could see the water in the creek behind their house rising. The water subsided very quickly though.

Fairly grey for the rest of the day, and uneventful.    :)

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 12 March 21 10:12 GMT (UK) »
I remember seeing some awful footage of flooding in Oz, with animals drowned and so much debris.  The ground had been parched and cracked and it just couldn't absorb the sudden deluge.
What a good job it subsided quickly this time Ruskie.
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline carol80

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Edwin Stonehouse 1906-1970
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 12 March 21 22:20 GMT (UK) »
Level 1 in NZ means Freedom.
Rules for level 1
Wear a mask on public transport and all aeroplanes
Stay home if unwell and get tested
Scan using the covid app and turn on Bluetooth tracing. Keep track of where you have been.
My extra one is sanitize but I guess everyone should know that.
There is a travel Bubble between Aus and Nz but only one way. We can go to Aus and not need to quarantine but coming here it is still 2 wks in a hotel.
MH maybe 2022 before we are totally free to open the borders.
Stay safe Stay Strong
Carol

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Stonehouse(York,Durham,Canada)Laurie(Scotland,York)Biddiss(All)Love(Scotland,Australia) Byers(Durham)Demaine(York)Dennison(York)Raine(Durham)Jefferson(Durham)Muir(Durham)
Johnston (Scotland)Hunter(Scotland)Johnson(York)
and many more.

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 13 March 21 14:50 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Carol.
It would be possible to quarantine in Oz in both directions, but a 3 week tour of your islands looks less easy!! :'(