Author Topic: Duncan Ross  (Read 1690 times)

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Duncan Ross
« Reply #18 on: Monday 15 March 21 00:32 GMT (UK) »
Spirited, you need to read my Reply #12 which quotes other research that shows that Charles ROSS born 1875 with parents Charles Henry Marsland ROSS and Constance Mary Ann ATKINSON is NOT your Duncan ROSS as Charles ROSS is still living in London with his wife Emily in 1901 and 1911.  He married Emily GRINHAM in 1898 Battersea occ Actor - Father Charles Harry ROSS, Journalist, deceased so he could not be Duncan ROSS marrying in WA in 1901.

You say that family have given you the information about his parents.  How did they get that information? 

Judith

DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

UK Census information Crown Copyrightt, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 15 March 21 08:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi Judith,
the information you have provided sounds familiar. I will check into it.
Thanks

Spirited, you need to read my Reply #12 which quotes other research that shows that Charles ROSS born 1875 with parents Charles Henry Marsland ROSS and Constance Mary Ann ATKINSON is NOT your Duncan ROSS as Charles ROSS is still living in London with his wife Emily in 1901 and 1911.  He married Emily GRINHAM in 1898 Battersea occ Actor - Father Charles Harry ROSS, Journalist, deceased so he could not be Duncan ROSS marrying in WA in 1901.

You say that family have given you the information about his parents.  How did they get that information? 

Judith

This information was provided on 8th March on your other thread and that Charles was discounted.
I mentioned that post on reply 3

As has been suggested on this thread some Australian birth / death certificates need purchasing to see what information they hold before we spend any more time speculating on his parents  :)
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 15 March 21 11:49 GMT (UK) »
Oh my - huge apologies to rosie99 - I should have acknowledged that it was her research that shows that Charles ROSS, son of Charles and Constance, is in London in 1899, 1901 and 1911, and thus cannot be Duncan ROSS marrying in WA in 1901.

Judith

DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

UK Census information Crown Copyrightt, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 15 March 21 12:24 GMT (UK) »
No need for apologies Judith,  I was concerned that Spirited had not discounted this person. The other post was getting lengthy and covered Charles & Constance who did not appear to have any children and a young Charles who was a 'suspect for Duncan' but disproved as still in England 1901.

It is always a pain when these topics spread over 2 countries but hopefully Spirited will solve it by getting a certificate or two and letting us know what they say.  ;D.

Rosie
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 15 March 21 23:01 GMT (UK) »
 :)

Here is the live link to Western Australia’s online index for BDM.  You can use the order button option there to arrange to purchase copy of the document/s. 

https://bdm.justice.wa.gov.au/_apps/pioneersindex/default.aspx

On the following link you can see a summary of what to expect to see recorded on various historic bdm certificates for each of the eight jurisdictions in Australia.  http://www.jaunay.com/bdm.html

Western Australia births for Duncan’s children should include details about his name, his occupation, his age, his birthplace and previous children of his marriage with Fanny.   So may I suggest if you were to consider purchasing one birth certificate - (cost around $35 Australian) please consider this one:

Edward William ROSS, father as Duncan (ROSS) and mother as Fanny WALDRON, baby born Fremantle, birth registered in 1904, and Registration no. 2377.  

Here is the live link to RChat’s  Australian Resources board  https://www.rootschat.com/forum/australia-resources-offers/

And here is the live link to the sub-board covering Western Australia
https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=369921.0

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.