Author Topic: A bit of a challenge...  (Read 927 times)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: A bit of a challenge...
« Reply #18 on: Monday 15 March 21 15:46 GMT (UK) »
This is my sketched impression of what dobfarm might be seeing. It's a rough sketch type view. 

My eyes are very sore now.

PS - I see Dob's gone off line now   :-X
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scarcliffe village Derbyshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 15 March 21 19:29 GMT (UK) »
I'd been for my afternoon lockdown cat nap.

Yes! Gadget -something like your image sketch.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Any transcription of information does not identify or prove anything.
Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth

Online Dave White

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 15 March 21 20:54 GMT (UK) »
Well if she wasn't wearing a hat like that, she damn well ought to have, suiting her as well as it does...

Dave

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 15 March 21 21:04 GMT (UK) »
 ;D

I'll take it off tomorrow. My eyes can't do more than a couple of hours a day.
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 15 March 21 21:19 GMT (UK) »
To stay with originality-I don't think one will improve on untouched reply #12 by Gadget, a hat is a hat and ladies do/did change their hats- so stick a similar hat from the scuff marks on the image in context with the rest of the image on reply #12 will give a full top off (so to speak) on the original face to give Jill and go alongside the good artistic improved restored images.

If its a hat ? the scratch marks have not disfigured the face much so and would do less to a solid mass of a hat ? (If its a hat ?).

:)
Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth

Offline Ian Nelson

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 15 March 21 21:58 GMT (UK) »
I see no hat ... but she can get ahead!
very little added, cheers, Ian
Norfolk, Nelsons of Gt Ryburgh, Gooch, Howman, Ainger, Couzens, Batrick (Norfolk & Dorset), Tubby ( also of Yorkshire) Cathcarts of Ireland, Lancashire & Isle of Wight) Dickinsons of Morecambe and Lancaster. Proctor & Threlfall of Westmoreland and Lancs, Wilson of Poulton-le-Sands. Mitchells of Isle of Wight. Hair of Ayrshire, Williamson of Tradeston, Glasgow. Nelsons in Australia with Haywards Heath connections.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 16 March 21 00:26 GMT (UK) »
To stay with originality-I don't think one will improve on untouched reply #12 by Gadget, a hat is a hat and ladies do/did change their hats- so stick a similar hat from the scuff marks on the image in context with the rest of the image on reply #12 will give a full top off (so to speak) on the original face to give Jill and go alongside the good artistic improved restored images.

If its a hat ? the scratch marks have not disfigured the face much so and would do less to a solid mass of a hat ? (If its a hat ?).

:)

Have you really really  looked at the face, Dobfarm?  Maybe you could do a version  ;D

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 17 March 21 10:06 GMT (UK) »
I'm trying to work on the eyes - forehead and nose at the moment using copy and paste also spray can. Its too damaged to use photo restoration tools to keep near originality and will/could take a while to do, then use restoreation tools on it.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday 17 March 21 11:24 GMT (UK) »
That's what we're all seeing, DF.  What program are you using?