Author Topic: Fitzgerald Newmarket 22 children Cork, Kerry Missouri  (Read 29930 times)

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Fitzgerald Newmarket 22 children Cork, Kerry Missouri
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday 16 March 21 21:06 GMT (UK) »
I looked for birth registrations in Kanturk district for Fitzgerald surname and Lane mother's maiden surname. 18 results 1885-1920.

Do we know why the parents stated there was 13 children in the 1911 census? My record is 11 children

Does my record of children born 1885-1920 match yours? Would this answer my above question as to who the 2 children I do not have are

When you've had time to find all the Fitzgerald/Lane and Fitzgerald/Law birth registrations by using "More search options" as described in my reply #35, would you make a list of David & Margaret's children in birth order with full dates of birth as in the registers? Post it on here and we can look at it and work out if there are gaps long enough to fit in 2 more children.
One thing I noticed was that there were long gaps between some births and their registration.

Early births in 1880's probably belong to another Fitzgerald & Lane couple, perhaps James & Mary 
Cowban

Offline nismyname

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Friday 19 March 21 15:03 GMT (UK) »
Catherine 2nd March 1895
Timothy 9th Feb 1896
Michael 7th Jan 1897
Thomas 27th Jan 1898 (can somebody check this as I cant read the birth cert well)
Richard 1st Jan 1899
John 10th March 1900
David 27th Sept 1902
Jeremiah 20th Jan 1904
Margaret 28th March 1906
Denis 20th April 1907
Mary 18th Oct 1908
Nora 25th Feb 1910
Bridget 1st Sept 1911
Ellen 19th Feb 1913
Julia 1st Oct 1914
Daniel 20th Feb 1916
Cornelius 12th Sept 1917
Patrick 27th Oct 1919

Lilly is born in 1922, she died in 1938 at age 16, have found her death cert

David, Mary, and Denis mothers surname was transcribed as Law not Lane, have offered an amendment

In the 1911 census there is a Hannah in the house who I have been unable to find her birth cert, she was 6 in 1911 so would be born 1905ish (this would mean I have the 13 children who were born by the time of the 1911 census).

In my first post I said there was after Lily: Dennie, Nonie, Dannie, Jack, Hannah and Julie- Ann.
Hannah is born around 1905, Julie- Ann I think is "Julia", Dennie I think is "Denis", and Dannie I think is "David".

There is definitely 20 children born (Lily and Hannah). Therefore, I think the 2 children remaining to make the 22 are "Nonie" and "Jack" unless anyone can find their birth certs or if David and Margaret (parents) had any other children in this time frame I have not been able to find.

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Friday 19 March 21 15:17 GMT (UK) »
Michael 17th Jan 1897  (can somebody check this as I cant read the birth cert well)

Looks like 'seventh' January

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline loughney

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Saturday 21 August 21 13:24 BST (UK) »
HI GUYS. I am mollys granddaughter. Molly moved to mayo and married Michael farrell. They had 6 children. I went to glennamucklagh 3 years ago and visited where all the 20 children were born and got some lovely pictures. Woukd love to get in contact and get some of the info you have and share mine.

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Saturday 21 August 21 17:28 BST (UK) »
Welcome to RootsChat, loughney.
Does your list of 20 children match those on here?
Cowban

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Saturday 21 August 21 17:47 BST (UK) »

Welcome from me also  :)

The OP (nismyname) was online here last month, so if their e-mail notifications are working, they should pick this up and be able to respond. Just make at least one more post, so that you can use the PM (Personal Message) system to be able to communicate privately with nismyname.

KG

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline loughney

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Saturday 21 August 21 18:36 BST (UK) »
Hi. Yes this is definitely the correct family.. I have got details on a lot of these names. My granny was molly. She was in USA and moved to Ireland. I spoke to Mike fitzgerald yesterday. He's dad was nelius. Nonie came to visit us many a time in mayo . She married Ned browne.

Offline loughney

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Friday 27 August 21 20:19 BST (UK) »
Hi. Woykd u be able to send on certs that you have for births etc or advise me as yo how I coukd get them  if u let me know how I can send on pictures I have I will that.

Offline Irelands Own

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Saturday 02 April 22 13:16 BST (UK) »
Hi, I am a Granddaughter of Daniel Fitzgerald from Glenamuckla. My Granddad was Dan and he was married to Kathleen (Healy). They lived in the home place in Glenamuckla. My Great Grandmother (Margaret Lane) lived in Brosna. Mike Fitzgerald (his Dad was Neilis) is my Dad's first Cousin.  I am married and live in Killarney, Co. Kerry in Ireland. There was a Fitzgerald Family Reunion locally a few years ago but I was not able to be there as I had just had a baby. We met our Cousin Debbie Noelke (living in America) in Killarney a few years ago.