Author Topic: Peter Heely  (Read 3271 times)

Offline Jan Prit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Peter Heely
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday 23 March 21 12:07 GMT (UK) »
Evening Capetown, another rainy day and a sore upper right arm, my lovely English Dr. gave me the flu needle. :-X Searched today for the Quakers Bristol, found the baptisms of Joan Heely and Thomas Pearce's children beautiful hand writing also Rachal Heely's baptism in 1662 I wish I found all the family, searched also for Peter Hiely and Johane Yeamons marriage.  Need to print out my downloaded copies so that I can read them better, bedtime again. Have a good night and take care. :-[

Regards
Janet :-\

Offline Jan Prit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Monday 29 March 21 08:36 BST (UK) »
Afternoon Capetown, I have decided to search for Peter Heily's father William as he was a Rector at St. James Pool Dorset it was also mentioned that he had ancestors in Upton, I don't know much about this area or where it is. :-[ Perhaps I am on the wrong board as I don't know English Towns or Cities. Hope this finds you well. Had a great search on the Havilland ancestors right back to Guernsey Channel Islands. :-[

Regards,
Janet :-\

Offline Capetown

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday 30 March 21 08:41 BST (UK) »
Morning Jan

I've just had a look our Road Atlas, for Great Britain, and counted 17 Upton's - all in different Counties and that's not to say, lots of other places which have an additional name after Upton.

Googling on Maps - Upton in Dorset is three miles from Poole in Dorset.

Offline Jan Prit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday 30 March 21 12:39 BST (UK) »
Evening Capetown, thanks for your message knowing where places are makes it easier to search for ancestors. :-[

Regards,
Janet :-[

Offline Capetown

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday 30 March 21 15:31 BST (UK) »
Janet

I Googled, Hiley Upton Dorset

and

Upton House, Upton, Dorset UK

Long Description

The house we see today was built in 1818 for the MP of Bridport, Christoperh Spurrier..... etc.etc

In the 17th century the house was 200 yards away from the present building.  It was owned by William Hiley.  The 18th century saw William Spurrier purchase 900 acres of the estate using the Newfoundland trade money.

Just Google Upotn House -

'In 1652, Haviland HEELEY (later HILEY) and George Phillips, who were poole merchants, purchased the farm and island.'

National Archives

23 May 1803

Insured: William Hiley, Upton House, near Poole, Dorset and Charles Hiley esq.  other property or

Records of Sun Fire Office.  Insured.  William HILEY, Upton House near Poole, Dorset and Charles HILEY esq.  Other property or occupiers: 266 Borough High Street (James Greenwood hope factor)

Held by: London  Metropolitan Archives, City of London.