Author Topic: Burial or Cremation of Eileen May LEMON d 28 Sep 1984  (Read 622 times)

Offline Westy11

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Burial or Cremation of Eileen May LEMON d 28 Sep 1984
« on: Tuesday 16 March 21 16:01 GMT (UK) »
For some reason I am unable to locate a burial or a cremation for Eileen May LEMON nee HEALY and hoping for some assistance please.

Eileen May was born 28 May 1918 at Mt Larcom to parents Edmund HEALY & Annie Mary NEILSEN.

Eileen married Stephen Patrick MEEHAN in 1941 in Rockhampton and over time the couple moved to Toombul where they were included in the 1949 & 1954 ER.

Stephen died in 1954 and Eileen is not located again until 1977 living with Ian Keith & Victor Trevor LEMON in Holland Park. 

She died 28 Sep 1984 at, most likely, Holland Park and I am sure its her because the correct parents were listed in QLD BMD.

I cannot locate where she is buried nor if cremated.  Victor Trevor & an Eileen Mary LEMON are interred at the Mt Gravatt Cemetery which makes sense.  The Eileen Mary that is interred there died in 1995 so definitely not the correct person as she died in 1984.  I checked if her remains were interred with her 'first' husband Stephen Patrick MEEHAN at Nudgee Catholic Cemetery without success.  I have checked Mt Thompson also without success. 

I have been unable, to date, to locate a second marriage in Queensland for Eileen May nee HEALY. 

Any ideas?

Westy

Offline matthewj64

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Burial or Cremation of Eileen May LEMON d 28 Sep 1984
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 16 March 21 18:41 GMT (UK) »
I think Victor Trevor and Eileen May is the wrong couple

Their 1950 engagement
http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article212209572
http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article212209494

Headstone
https://billiongraves.com/supporting-record/Eileen-May-Lemon/99638880

There is another Eileen May LEMON on the electoral roll for Qld>Lilley>Banyo from 1958 to 1980 living with D... H... LEMON.

M

Offline Westy11

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 16 March 21 20:19 GMT (UK) »
Hello Matthew,

I have come to think you are correct and it occurred to me when I was going through the Electoral Rolls after posting.

I decided the best answer was to purchase the Death Certificate and that should resolve a number of questions [hopefully].

Westy

Offline shume

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 23 March 21 10:26 GMT (UK) »
Agree that Eileen May and Victor Trevor Lemon are not the couple you are seeking.
According to her gravestone on Billion Graves this Eileen, wife of Victor, was born 1929.
Eileen May Healy was born 1918.
There are a couple Eileen May Lemon and Donald Handford Lemon living 1980 at Banyo Qld, might be worth following them up.

shume   australia
HUME: Fermanagh, Donegal,Sligo,Australia
PASFIELD: Essex, London
SHAW/STANLEY: Co Waterford,Ireland, Australia

Offline Westy11

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 24 March 21 03:07 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Shume,

Much appreciated.