Author Topic: Sumner and West families from Manchester, England  (Read 2182 times)

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Sumner and West families from Manchester, England
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 18 March 21 21:42 GMT (UK) »
That's a very interesting link sparrett does the USA have anything similar do you know?

I'm sorry to say Ellenmai, I do not know.
I have done very little USA research in my time and do not know about resources there.

Sue

ADDING
I have just noticed that Kath Heywood BOON has been online since our postings of information for her. Perhaps she will reply in the next little while.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Kath Heywood Boon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 19 March 21 12:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi everyone, thanks for posting information on here.  I have most of this info, but the links to other sites may be helpful to me.  I will definitely be trying them.
Regarding the USA enquiry, I have never used any other site for information other than Ancestry.  I subscribed for worldwide for a while when I was trying to track down my grandmother's side of the family.  I did find them and contacted them either by Facebook or by writing to them after finding their addressed in their telephone directories.  One other thing I did was contact their local library and they supplied me with death notices and other snippets they had on file (which I actually paid for), They also found some other stuff and sent it to me about other members of the family. Kath

Offline Ellenmai

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 19 March 21 15:24 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the info Sparrell & Kath I'm finding the USA information much harder to access than here in the UK

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 19 March 21 23:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi, on researching my father's side of the family, I have found that two of his father's cousins emigrated to Australia after the death of their father.  Edith Heywood 1897 married William Sumner 1901 and emigrated to Australia sometime after her marriage in 1925.  Her sister Ethel Heywood 1899 married Jack Benjamin Stanley West in 1919 and emigrated to Australia.  I don't know if they both couples went together or separately, but Edith died in Burwood, NSW in 1958 and Ethel died in Sydney in 1972. Unfortunately, this is the only information I have on either sister. Their youngest brother, Frank, who was born in 1905 was taken in by my great grandfather and brought up as one of his own.  I wonder if anyone can help.  Kath

Hi everyone, thanks for posting information on here.  I have most of this info, but the links to other sites may be helpful to me. 

Then what exactly were you hoping to find ?

Sue

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • John Scott Henderson 1853 Scotland -1919 Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 20 March 21 00:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kath,
   Here is Edith's death notice

I can photograph the West divorce next time I am at the archives if you would like it.

Ros
Let's not tolerate bullying !
Herrington Kent  Henderson Scotland Kerr Scotland Reston Scotland  Smith Scotland  Kellow Cornwall  Doney Cornwall  Wadeson Lancashire  Whiteley Yorkshire Gregan Ireland

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • John Scott Henderson 1853 Scotland -1919 Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 20 March 21 00:38 GMT (UK) »
Here is Kenneth's death notice - a bit hard to read.

Ros

adding : And Laurel's death notice.
Let's not tolerate bullying !
Herrington Kent  Henderson Scotland Kerr Scotland Reston Scotland  Smith Scotland  Kellow Cornwall  Doney Cornwall  Wadeson Lancashire  Whiteley Yorkshire Gregan Ireland

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 20 March 21 05:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi
There is some family information contained in the death notices for Jack (John) B S WEST's second wife.
Sue

Offline Kath Heywood Boon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 20 March 21 15:09 GMT (UK) »
Sparrat, I was hoping to learn more about their time in Australia, and possibility of how to find descendants.  I knew it was a long shot, but I thought someone could help me.

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 20 March 21 22:39 GMT (UK) »
The pdf death notices attached in the post by rosball and myself above provide information about descendants (or none) of the two women.

You maybe able to trace and contact them, but that is outside the function and role of Rootschat.
You can try google now you have names, social media, white pages directory.

Sue