Author Topic: Diary > Wednesday 17th March  (Read 2050 times)

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Wednesday 17th March
« Reply #9 on: Friday 19 March 21 06:04 GMT (UK) »
Some good suggestions for the trees. I know you are fairly knowledgeable about plants Roobarb, but if you get a closeup of leaf and plant I’m sure someone will be able to positively ID it for you.
RTL, what a traumatic time you’ve had. You must have been beside yourself with worry. I wish your relative well.

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 19 March 21 08:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi RTL, glad to know you are soldiering on, and your relative is on the mend.
What a worrying time for you all.

I trust you carry a pepper spray, or some such, with you??
Being on your own going to and from work does, sadly, make you vulnerable, but perhaps having such a device in your pocket would give you extra confidence?
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Online Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 19 March 21 08:50 GMT (UK) »
RTL - just wanted to say how sorry I was to read about your relative, it must have been a great worry for you.. but pleased to hear they’re out of hospital.
Sometimes it’s best to carry on doing what you normally do just to keep yourself sane and busy.
Do take care when out and about at night time ... perhaps MH suggestion is a good idea...
To many other posts to comment on... but glad to hear everyone is ok...

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 19 March 21 10:49 GMT (UK) »
RTL,
Pleased your relative is back home and being card for by their loved ones but what a worry.

I would move away from anyone sitting next to me, only have to excuse yourself politely but I know what you mean about feeling really worried, if he was elderly perhaps he didn't understand the rules

Just a question, does anyone know about shingles, I have had the jab but I am sure I have a mild dose of it with no rash, I am led to believe one can get it without a rash, got a feeling it is called something else, thank God it is a mild,
Keep safe everyone

LM
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Online Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 19 March 21 11:19 GMT (UK) »
RTL,
Pleased your relative is back home and being card for by their loved ones but what a worry.

I would move away from anyone sitting next to me, only have to excuse yourself politely but I know what you mean about feeling really worried, if he was elderly perhaps he didn't understand the rules

Just a question, does anyone know about shingles, I have had the jab but I am sure I have a mild dose of it with no rash, I am led to believe one can get it without a rash, got a feeling it is called something else, thank God it is a mild,
Keep safe everyone

LM

My OH had shingles a couple of years ago it was down one arm, shoulder and over his chest... excruciatingly painful and completely wiped him out.... meds they put him on to begin with made him sleep all the time and I thought I was living with a zombie... once they changed it he was much improved but took about 5 months before he was better.... he’s since had the jab but no side effects afterwards.
Sorry you’re suffering even mildly...

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Online Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 19 March 21 14:57 GMT (UK) »
Did not think about the time of year, of course it is too early.

Attacked my buddlea , it said to be ruthless!
It is too dark really,deep purple  and  I have only ever seen a couple of butterflies on it ,but pretty none the less.

Nice to see RTL back,
No word from Pharma  T.

Well fridge to clean out and when son brings shopping all is ready for it.
Bright but cold .

Still not got my Census form ,despite phoning a while back.
I know I can do it online but wanted to actually fill a form in.
Odds are I won’t be here for another ten years .

No news really ,so fridge calls.
Cheerio Viktoria.

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 19 March 21 16:40 GMT (UK) »
Thank you everyone for your kind comments regarding my relative.  It was a very worrying time and I am so thankful and relieved that their life was saved and that they are now at home recovering.  It felt completely surreal that things were so bleak initially but we couldn't go in apart from his wife.  Then she wasn't allowed either once things slightly improved.  I had concerns for him too about that, as I thought it might be too soon for him to be left with no one, apart from hospital staff.  That must have felt scary for him to be on his own.
At the time we were all very upset.  The first couple of days there were times when I sat on my buses quietly crying to myself. One good thing about wearing a mask and a hat for the cold  (face mostly covered up) is that no one notices if you are upset.
Other than that I did everything as normal.  Nothing in life changed.  That is definitely the way I cope with things, which is to try to bury my head in the sand somewhat.
This relative is an older person, but they had hitherto seemed fit.  Mind, I saw a phrase on another thread which I like 'A creaking gate lasts long' - meaning that someone with health problems may outlast others.  So I am hopeful that if their health is now managed well they could go on to live out a good few more years yet. 
Re: the elderly man on the bus.  Perhaps he was just a bit confused.  Strange to say it, but I felt in a bit of a dilemma as I didn't want to seem rude in pointing things out to him about distancing.  He probably wasn't next to me for too long but it was quite unexpected and I felt like a proverbial rabbit frozen in the headlights.
Being at the bus station is mostly okay.  But is doesn't feel too great to be there very late at night now, especially on Sundays as it feels so quiet and mostly deserted.  Sometimes my shifts don't finish till late and I can only get the very last bus home after 11 pm.  I hope things pick up soon.  I think I would feel safer if they had staff hanging about. Maybe I should write to them about this.  Thanks for the suggestions which I will consider. 
Louisa Maud, perhaps you should report your symptoms on yellow card site just in case this is a reaction and not shingles and also let your GP know:
https://coronavirus-yellowcard.mhra.gov.uk/
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 19 March 21 17:53 GMT (UK) »
Viktoria, like you I wanted a paper copy of the census.  I see at last today it has arrived in the post. 
I was looking forward to filling it in for future descendants to read in 100+ years time.  However, I came across something on here about the government going to dispose of this census once they have used it.  How disappointing if true! 
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Online Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 19 March 21 18:20 GMT (UK) »
I too have capitulated as mine has not arrived, it was easy,and I did think they will all be online anyway .
Grrrr.I had visions of rellies in the future seeing my nice ,very individual ( ;D) writing style and wondering about me— aaaaw!
Viktoria.