Author Topic: Lockett family  (Read 893 times)

Offline Welshdragon29

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Lockett family
« on: Thursday 18 March 21 14:10 GMT (UK) »
Wondering you could help, i am stuck and really suspicious of if it is secretive or someone is hiding any information about my grandfather

i am enquiring about my grandfather, my father lost touch with him and i think lost hope, then i have been trying to do the same , i have tried ancestry sites, social services, libraries, and social network sites but still no trace, if you could help be me i would really appreciate it, and will be a massive help to me and my family. Name - ( George Lockett) The birth date i have is 1941 but not certain if that real or not could be 1920s but still not known.

His partner\/ wife not sure if they were married or not. June pearson passed away 1974 at st anns hospice Cheadle, Cheshire. He had 3 sons and 1 daughter.

On my uncles birth certificate he used work as a manager at the billiards hall in cheetham hill 1972. On my grandmother death certificate he was next of king for her and it states on it that he was - collecting the body to be buried . Not sure if that was a work he did or what they did at that time.

The address i have that he lived at the time of the passing of my grandmother was - 164 halliwel lane , Manchester 8. I also have an other address they lived but dont know with the date they lived there - 118 bignor street, Manchester. This is most i habe reached and i cant find anything else. If you could help me .

Kind regards

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Lockett family
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 18 March 21 14:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Is 1941 a realistic birthyear in relation to your fathers birthyear?

If George was born in the 1930’s - 1940’s  - Rootschat has a strict no living persons policy so we would not be allowed to post info about him

June Pearson was b 1941 according to her death reg.  Was she the mother of the 4 children?
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Welshdragon29

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 18 March 21 15:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi there no i said im looking for my grandfather, * my father lost touch with him* 

I stated that my grandfather was born around that time but not certain about that of because we dont have a d.o.b or any details to him.  My father was born 1967   thanks

Offline Welshdragon29

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 18 March 21 15:25 GMT (UK) »
Yes she was the mother of the 4 children my father one of them and his 3 siblings

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 18 March 21 15:35 GMT (UK) »
In which case 1941 is a realistic birthyear for him & as June was also born 1941 we would not be allowed to post any info as he may still be alive.

As June died as Pearson - there does not appear to have been a marriage
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 18 March 21 23:29 GMT (UK) »
4 children born between 1967 & 1972.  June died 1974 - what happened to the children after her death?  Were they taken into care or brought up by other family members

Offline Welshdragon29

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 19 March 21 06:59 GMT (UK) »
They were put in care in broom house care house , the got fosterd to a family in Manchester, then they all moved to north wales and lived there since then . My grandfather george visited them twice until the 1980s then stopped for no reason and there hasnt been a trace of him ever since. 

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 19 March 21 10:32 GMT (UK) »
Possibly married & started a new family.

Unfortunately there is not enough known about him to determine the right person.  If he had a middle name it could help but without knowing where or when he was born it's a problem

Have the children considered DNA?