Author Topic: The missing link  (Read 3206 times)

Offline Alan Ryan

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: The missing link
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 21 March 21 14:25 GMT (UK) »
Rosinish, When my Patrick disappeared c.1894 and after I had my DNA results, I thought there was a possibility he had gone to the US to join family that might already there. Also, yes, I am looking to connect the American cousins to my own tree which would then break down my long running brick wall........... What is cMs ? ............ The child of their "Patrick" was born in 1861 according to Heywood (who I will need to do some groveling in my next post), I don't yet have any siblings for James W Ryan but no doubt there will be quite a few.

RYAN-Atkinson-Mallison-elsworth-Widdowson-Davis-Threapleton-Bolderson-Sagar.. IRELAND-Bradford-Bingley-Fewston-Barnsley-Ecclesfield-Doncaster-Wakefield-Kendal

Offline Alan Ryan

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 21 March 21 14:43 GMT (UK) »
Heywood, as explained last night, I deleted all previous research regarding James W Ryan and went with the information that you provided and added to that other stuff that related to it. The dates that I had found earlier that contradicted, I disregarded, as they all related to the birth date of 1871. The amended tree now all fits in so I've gone with that, making the parents of James W; John Ryan b.1831 in Ireland (Tailor) & Catharine Redmond b.1833 in Ireland. Thank you and apologies Heywood hopefully your help will eventually contribute to solving my ultimate search.
RYAN-Atkinson-Mallison-elsworth-Widdowson-Davis-Threapleton-Bolderson-Sagar.. IRELAND-Bradford-Bingley-Fewston-Barnsley-Ecclesfield-Doncaster-Wakefield-Kendal

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 21 March 21 15:06 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Alan - no need to grovel  ;)
We have to keep in mind that they may not be your US family, as in, the family of Walter whose children you connect to although there are some definite records.
Much of what I have  given you is in the family tree which is available on Ancestry. There are a couple, at least one anyway, of details which are questionable but in the main it seems to support that family and the Family Search links I have posted.
If that is James (W)  with John and Catherine in the 1871 census, he seems to be an only child.
Let’s hope you can get something from it.
Heywood
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Alan Ryan

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Sunday 21 March 21 17:36 GMT (UK) »
Thanks again Heywood, I couldn't find any siblings either, rather strange to say the family is Catholic, it could be Catharine died in child birth or some other problem after James was born. There is a niece Rose Stuart b.1890 staying with James & Catherine in the census but she could be from the Kelley side, I'll take a look later.

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Thursday 25 March 21 18:21 GMT (UK) »
Rosinish, What is cMs ?

Centimorgans

There's also % shared DNA

There's also Segments shared

The higher the amounts the closer the connection.

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline Alan Ryan

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Friday 26 March 21 10:29 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Rosinish, for educating me, I never realized how relationships were calculated. So in answer to the original question, The gt gt grand daughter of James W Ryan has 41 Cms