Author Topic: GG Grandfather - Frederick Henry Sparke - help with the missing links please  (Read 1878 times)

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: GG Grandfather - Frederick Henry Sparke - help with the missing links please
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 20 March 21 07:18 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Sue, that is a possibility I didn't think of, I think I really need to think outside the square

Or purchase and download the birth certificates of the 3 children born between 1857 and 1862 in order to view the section "father's occupation"

Sue
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline middlesbrough

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: GG Grandfather - Frederick Henry Sparke - help with the missing links please
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 20 March 21 08:43 GMT (UK) »
There is a public record for him available at public records office victoria. I think it can be viewed also at ancestry au.
Frederick m henry sparke
Teacher ID 4532
Approximate year of registration 1869.

Offline heaven

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 20 March 21 08:56 GMT (UK) »
Thank you I have that record also

Offline heaven

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 22 March 21 09:43 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Sue, I did what you suggested and downloaded a couple of birth certificates for the children, although I had the indexes, the Certs show so much more, so, Frederick's address was the School House, Templestowe and occupation Teacher, that problem is now solved, so thank you again

The only record I need and am unable to find is, when he came to Melbourne. Maybe the story of him arriving late 1854 on ship "Walter" is not correct. I can't find the record.

Is there any one at Rootschat that could point me in the direction to search, I do know it was between the 1851 England Census and his marriage in Heidelberg on 29 May 1856.

Judy