Author Topic: Looking for family of Isaac HOAR/HOARE  (Read 3057 times)

Offline fyremoon

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for family of Isaac HOAR/HOARE
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 25 April 21 07:43 BST (UK) »
Meanwhile, I'll resume the search for who 13 yr old James Hoar is, with Isaac's grandparents Joseph and Martha in 1841; and Doris Hoar, the neice who is with Letty Hoar (nee Bingham) after Isaac's death...

Is this Doris Letty Hoar born Sep 1898 Hendon?  No mothers maiden name on registration. 
Birth certificate would show who her mother was.

Could be, Trish.
She was aged 12 in the 1911 census, as a niece in the household of Letty Hoar in Middlesex, so that's close. That census has 'Paddington' down as her birthplace, which seems to be close to Hendon, so it could be a fit...

I haven't yet searched high and low, but I'm wondering how she can be a niece to Letty, Isaac's second wife, with the surname Hoar, unless Isaac had siblings that also carried that name, and what we believe to be his mother's maiden name. If she was the daughter of one of his 'step' brothers, she'd be called Welch...

OR, is it possible she would be recorded as 'neice' instead of 'cousin' or some other relationship?

Offline fyremoon

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for family of Isaac HOAR/HOARE
« Reply #19 on: Monday 26 April 21 01:51 BST (UK) »
His (Josephs) Marriage to Martha is on FreeREG 11 Oct 1793 and he is from Flamstead, Hertfordshire.
(Marthas surname may have been hard to transcribe you will see)
This was by Licence.

The marriage licence transcript dated 9 Oct 1793 has Joseph Hoar(e) of Flamstead, Herts age 26 marrying Martha BRADWIN of Caddington, age 22; surety was by John Bradwin of Caddington

There is another marriage licence for Sarah Hoar(e) of Flamstead age 24 dated 10 Nov 1794 marrying William Higgins of Luton age 28; surety was by John Higgins widower of Luton age 32

Regards John

Sarah could be a sister to my Joseph perhaps? Thank you John.