Author Topic: Looking for family of Isaac HOAR/HOARE  (Read 3080 times)

Online carol8353

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me,mum and dad and both gran's c 1955
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for family of Isaac HOAR/HOARE
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 20 March 21 09:26 GMT (UK) »

Hi Trish, yes I linked to the 1841 Census deciphering query in my original post.
And yeah it takes quite a while for certificates to be posted out, especially now due to covid. Is there a cheaper transcription service for GRO certificates that send a PDF instead?

Not for marriages I'm afraid, but for deaths and births up to certain dates. You can get a PDF for £7.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline fyremoon

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 21 March 21 03:00 GMT (UK) »

Hi Trish, yes I linked to the 1841 Census deciphering query in my original post.
And yeah it takes quite a while for certificates to be posted out, especially now due to covid. Is there a cheaper transcription service for GRO certificates that send a PDF instead?

Not for marriages I'm afraid, but for deaths and births up to certain dates. You can get a PDF for £7.

Thanks for letting me know. I'll patiently wait...

Offline fyremoon

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 23 April 21 04:55 BST (UK) »
I believe Isaac married Caroline HOLLAND in 1855.

That marriage certificate should have his father's name to help you trace back.  Marriage witness names can also be helpful if related. 

Marriage transcription says he was 25 and the marriage was 20 Sep 1855 Caddington Bedford.

Thank you, yes I'm waiting to receive it, and hoping it will contain some useful information. I'll post back here once I know.

Hi all,

I have received the 1855 marriage certificate of Isaac Hoar and Caroline Holland... and Isaac has no father listed. So it would seem likely that his mother Ann Hoar was an unmarried mother.

If anyone has any further ideas/leads let me know.

Meanwhile, I'll resume the search for who 13 yr old James Hoar is, with Isaac's grandparents Joseph and Martha in 1841; and Doris Hoar, the neice who is with Letty Hoar (nee Bingham) after Isaac's death...

Offline Milliepede

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 23 April 21 10:33 BST (UK) »
Meanwhile, I'll resume the search for who 13 yr old James Hoar is, with Isaac's grandparents Joseph and Martha in 1841; and Doris Hoar, the neice who is with Letty Hoar (nee Bingham) after Isaac's death...

Is this Doris Letty Hoar born Sep 1898 Hendon?  No mothers maiden name on registration. 
Birth certificate would show who her mother was. 
Hinchliffe - Huddersfield Wiltshire
Burroughs - Arlingham Glos
Pick - Frocester Glos

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 23 April 21 12:44 BST (UK) »
I'll look for James soon but was not sure how far you have gone back with Joseph c 1766.

His Marriage to Martha is on FreeREG 11 Oct 1793 and he is from Flamstead, Hertfordshire.
(Marthas surname may have been hard to transcribe you will see)
This was by Licence.

1841 Census both Joseph and James Hoar are not born in County of Beds.

I see a Tree has her as Bradwin but as I cant see the actual image I cant confirm that.

There is a Martha ASLIN bapt 10 Sep 1775 Caddington to JOHN/SARAH
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline johnP-bedford

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 23 April 21 16:22 BST (UK) »
His (Josephs) Marriage to Martha is on FreeREG 11 Oct 1793 and he is from Flamstead, Hertfordshire.
(Marthas surname may have been hard to transcribe you will see)
This was by Licence.

The marriage licence transcript dated 9 Oct 1793 has Joseph Hoar(e) of Flamstead, Herts age 26 marrying Martha BRADWIN of Caddington, age 22; surety was by John Bradwin of Caddington

There is another marriage licence for Sarah Hoar(e) of Flamstead age 24 dated 10 Nov 1794 marrying William Higgins of Luton age 28; surety was by John Higgins widower of Luton age 32

Regards John
Partridge - North Beds; Northants & Peterborough
Bishop - Bedford; Hunts, Hemingford Grey
Allen - Hunts, Hemingford Abbotts
Clement - Croydon
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline fyremoon

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 24 April 21 05:12 BST (UK) »

The marriage licence transcript dated 9 Oct 1793 has Joseph Hoar(e) of Flamstead, Herts age 26 marrying Martha BRADWIN of Caddington, age 22; surety was by John Bradwin of Caddington

There is another marriage licence for Sarah Hoar(e) of Flamstead age 24 dated 10 Nov 1794 marrying William Higgins of Luton age 28; surety was by John Higgins widower of Luton age 32

Regards John

Thanks for confirmation of htis John. I had come across that info as well, but with nothing to confirm it. Much appreciated.

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 24 April 21 10:43 BST (UK) »
FreeREG has a Marriage Caddington of Jn BRADWIN to Martha MAYLES 12 May 1771
Bride of Flamstead, Herts Parish
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline johnP-bedford

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 24 April 21 11:59 BST (UK) »
FreeREG has a Marriage Caddington of Jn BRADWIN to Martha MAYLES 12 May 1771
Bride of Flamstead, Herts Parish

The marriage was not at Caddington, however it is listed in the Banns for that date, so deduce marriage was at Flamstead. 

Regards John
Partridge - North Beds; Northants & Peterborough
Bishop - Bedford; Hunts, Hemingford Grey
Allen - Hunts, Hemingford Abbotts
Clement - Croydon
----------------------------------------------------------------------------