Author Topic: Sievwright family living in Durris Scotland and Melbourne Australia  (Read 1065 times)

Offline aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
Many years ago I was in contact with a relative of my husbands regarding the Sievwright family sadly through my computer dying I have lost a lot of items so just trying to enter families back into my tree's .
She sent me photo's of James Alexander Sievwright ( this same photo is in Ancestry ) and his three daughters Jessie , Elsie and Catherine Mary

Also the marriage of George Sievwright and Catherine Fyfe dated 9 March 1855 Georges parents are stated as Robert Sievwright and Jane Purvis and Catherine's are John Fyfe and Janet Hall

I have a Robert born 1800 son of William Sievwright b 1780 and Isobel Blacklaw b 1781 married 12.11.1799 all the family seem to be  born in Durris .

Any help will be a great to help me
Elizabeth
McKenzie,Helmsdale.,Mackay's,Gordon's,Polsons,Sutherland's,Loth & N/Z .Watson ,Munro,Pitsligo.Black. Harle ,East Hollywell.Black,and Short East Hollywell.Northumberland Gair, Amble,Douglas,Amble,Mitchell ,Fettercairns,Lyall, Brechin .Mearns Brechin.Thompson's ,Spittal. Maghie,Young .Raey Cumberland & Newcastle & Glasgow .Gilroy, Northumberland. Stark's Kyloe & Tweedmouth .Skeen's Tweedmouth.Gregsons Northumberland & America. Andrew Farmer Turnbull Berwick , Pool and Black Hull.Lounton Tweedmouth

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Sievwright family living in Durris Scotland and Melbourne Australia
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 20 March 21 06:45 GMT (UK) »
A family tree with the photographs is located on Ancestry and perhaps it is the one you are seeking information from.

If you have an Ancestry subscription  you can make contact with the tree author.

If not, it may be challenging to retrieve your lost information from them.

Libraries often have a subscription for public use.

Sue
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 20 March 21 07:51 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Sue I no longer subscribe to Ancestry and at the moment our library is closed due to the pandemic so will have to wait a while longer until it opens again thanks once more
Elizabeth
McKenzie,Helmsdale.,Mackay's,Gordon's,Polsons,Sutherland's,Loth & N/Z .Watson ,Munro,Pitsligo.Black. Harle ,East Hollywell.Black,and Short East Hollywell.Northumberland Gair, Amble,Douglas,Amble,Mitchell ,Fettercairns,Lyall, Brechin .Mearns Brechin.Thompson's ,Spittal. Maghie,Young .Raey Cumberland & Newcastle & Glasgow .Gilroy, Northumberland. Stark's Kyloe & Tweedmouth .Skeen's Tweedmouth.Gregsons Northumberland & America. Andrew Farmer Turnbull Berwick , Pool and Black Hull.Lounton Tweedmouth

Offline Flattybasher9

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Manners cost nothing, and are worth the effort.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 20 March 21 10:22 GMT (UK) »
Information in "FamilySearch"

Malky

Offline aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 20 March 21 11:19 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for your reply
I will have a look later
have a busy day today
Elizabeth

Offline aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 21 March 21 15:56 GMT (UK) »
thank you for your reply
I have had a look at the site o Family search
Elizabeth

Offline shume

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 27 March 21 06:52 GMT (UK) »
Have sent you a personal message

shume.... australia
HUME: Fermanagh, Donegal,Sligo,Australia
PASFIELD: Essex, London
SHAW/STANLEY: Co Waterford,Ireland, Australia