Author Topic: Pritchard Family  (Read 3080 times)

Offline pritflem

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Pritchard Family
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 24 March 21 01:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi Trish
My apologies for not answering any sooner but on the east coast of Australia we are experiencing extreme flooding.  We are not in a flood zone but unfortunately because of all the bad weather we have had a 'tool shed' flooded for days and this has taken most of our time.
William Pritchard (1803-1895) is my husband's 2 x great grandfather.  He was transported to Australia in 1825.  I don't know where William was baptised but he was born in Allensmore, Herefordshire.
Don't know where John and Mary were baptised.  John and Mary were married 30 July, 1798, Kingstone, Herefordshire.
I have had trouble finding John in the 1861 Census.  I belong to a history society so thought that next week I may go down there and get some help from them.
I have ordered a copy of John's death certificate so hope that this can shed some light.
I appreciate your help.
Lyn

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 24 March 21 10:02 GMT (UK) »
I am in Sydney Lyn :)
I am happy you havent been impacted too badly by the floods.
What a devastating 18 mths we have had here.

Baptisms;
Allensmore, Herefordshire

to JOHN/MARY Pritchard
WILLIAM 9 October 1803
ROBERT 13 Nov 1808
MARTHA 15 March 1812
RICHARD 15 Jan 1815

I see the index of Williams D/C has his Parents as John/Ann

I'll wait until you get the D/C as I cant help much more now.

There are so many Pritchards around in Herefordshire.

But I can say you can rule out the 1862 Ross death reg for John Pritchard.
The 1841 reg looks more likely if he is yours.

Trish :)

All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline pritflem

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 24 March 21 23:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi Trish
I have ordered a copy of the death certificate.  Guess we can't do much until it arrives.  Where in Sydney are you?  I am in Grays Point.
Regards
Lyn

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 25 March 21 10:47 GMT (UK) »
I'm in Croydon Lyn.

When you get the D/C let us know what it has on it please.

Trish :)

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline pritflem

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 29 August 21 01:56 BST (UK) »
Hi Trish
I have not forgotten the help you are giving me.  Tragically, our daughter died in April, hence the delay in replying.
I have been trying to sort out our John Pritchard and his parents, George Pritchard and Sarah Farley.
I have the death certificate that you suggested I get but am thinking this is not the right one.  This John Pritchard died on 23 February 1862, Howle Hill, Walford, Ross;  63 years of age;  heart disease;  informant Sarah Perry - which means he was born about 1799 so does not match 1773/1783
The child of John and Ann/Mary is William Pritchard (1803-1895).  Convict born Allensmore, Herefordshire.  He married Matilda Crouch on 25 May 1841, Presbyterian Manse, West Maitland;  died 14 October 1895, Gunnedah, New South Wales
I have copy of the 1861 Census for John Pritchard;  age 77;  estimated birth year 1784;  spouse Ann;  born Suckley, Worcestershire;  Ann is 75 years.  Maybe this is the John Pritchard we are looking for as this is the closest in age.
Any thoughts?
Regards Lyn

Offline Spidermonkey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • https://www.apigintime.net/blog
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 28 October 21 20:45 BST (UK) »
If you have a subscription to English newspapers (i.e via FindMyPast), there is an article that you might be interested in, published in the Hereford Journal on 28th Nov 1838.  Transcription follows:

Caution
Whereas Ann Pritchard, my wife, absconded from her home on Thursday, in the parish of Allensmore, in the County of Hereford, whilst I was ill in the infirmary, without just cause or reason, and having taken and carried away my beds, bedding, and sundry articles of household goods and a box containing wearing apparel etc.  She is supposed to be gone away in company of James Phillips, woodman and drainer, late of the Butts, in the parish of Allensmore.  She is a middle aged person, light complexion, lost her right eye, with dark brown hair and wore a plaid cloak.  James Phillips is about 5 feet 8 inches high, 25 or 26, has a full mouth of teeth, and walks very upright , having black hair.  All persons are hereby cautioned against trusting my said wife, as I will not be held answerable for any debts that she might contract from this date.

Mark of X
JOhn Pritchard
Allensmore, Nov 26 1838

Offline pritflem

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 28 October 21 23:23 BST (UK) »
Dear Spidermonkey
Thank you so much for your input.  The article is certainly amazing.  It certainly ties in with Ann's age (middle aged person) as she would be about 52 years old. 
Thank you again.
Lyn

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 30 October 21 05:34 BST (UK) »
I am am so sorry Lyn that I didnt reply to you especially as you experienced such a tragedy.
For some reason I wasnt notified of your reply.

I will see what I can find now.

Trish

Offline pritflem

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 30 October 21 05:58 BST (UK) »
Thanks Trish.  Are you able to view the post that I received yesterday posted by Spidermonkey?
Lyn