Author Topic: Lennon Family (Lambeg)  (Read 429 times)

Offline allister1964

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Lennon Family (Lambeg)
« on: Sunday 21 March 21 16:07 GMT (UK) »
Robert Lennon  (1864-1927) was born in the Ballynure area. His first marriage was to Sarah Campbell, and they had six children, born between 1886 and 1898. He then married Jane (maiden surname unknown) and had one son.  I know that Robert was living in the Lambeg area in 1911, and he was a Carpenter.  Does anyone know about the lives and descendants of his children?

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Lennon Family (Lambeg)
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 21 March 21 18:12 GMT (UK) »
Have you tried searching yourself? If so, it saves lots of duplication if you provide the details you've already found.
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/civil-search.jsp

Is this the same Robert Lennon?
Lennon Robert of 52 London Street Belfast carpenter died 19 April 1927 at The Royal Victoria Hospital Belfast Administration Belfast 21 June to Jennie A. Lennon the widow. Effects £328 18s.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline allister1964

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 21 March 21 18:39 GMT (UK) »
I'm afraid that is all I know from the most recent Census. I am hoping a living descendant may see my query.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 21 March 21 19:19 GMT (UK) »
I'm afraid that is all I know from the most recent Census. I am hoping a living descendant may see my query.

You've found the family in 1911 census- so please post the link to say us from searching for details you've already found.

From the vital records on Irish Genealogy you should be able to find births of "six children, born between 1886 and 1898" and "one son" as well as both marriages for Robert Lennon. Then, once you have the records you can start by searching for deaths (1911-1921), possibly marriages for some of the children, on Irish Genealogy, etc.

Offline allister1964

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 21 March 21 21:35 GMT (UK) »
Sorry, though it was through the Census and Irish Genealogy sites that I found this information. I didn't expect anyone to search for them. I will make it clear in any future posts.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 21 March 21 21:41 GMT (UK) »
You asked for information on the family in the original post and the details you've already found would have helped us trace them further or suggest other avenues of research so it's not clear now exactly what you are looking for (other than possibly living relatives finding your post but the more details that are here the more likely someone would be to realise the connection).

Offline shanreagh

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 22 March 21 01:02 GMT (UK) »
Just supporting Aghadowey.....if you let us know who, how, where the info you have already comes from we, the mad (speaking for myself only!) searchers, have a base to go either back or forward to find family. 

If these are your family then presumably/hopefully, if you have been following good genealogical practice you have started from yourself or your parent and carefully traced the generations back. 

If you do that then then you will be able to say 'I am looking for descendants of  Robert Lennon  (1864-1927) was born in the Ballynure area and died  in XXX. His X was present at his death   He was the brother of my gt gd father' or some such. 'His children were X Y Z  and these are the marriages and the children I have been able to find......' 

I think the odds on funding a living descendant would be against you but the odds would be better if, after you provided good info, one of us was able to a little further forward using the latest info via censuses 1939 if they have moved to England or US.  Then it would be a matter of working in the towns or cities where they last were by checking newspapers, asking for help on them or even looking at old phone books and doing a ring around.