Author Topic: Bailey nee Taylor  (Read 1476 times)

Offline Alan of Kaslo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Bailey nee Taylor
« Reply #9 on: Monday 22 March 21 21:50 GMT (UK) »
Census ages are notoriously wrong/rounded off/estimated. I've seen them out by 15 years... not sure about the 1839 register in that regard.

I found this which seems to apply:

With due respect Emily Easter nee Manston married the Widower George Frank  1846 -1920 Bailey as the Widow of William Easter. And he William Easter is the father of all her Easter children.. The only child she Emily Easter will have with  her second husband George Frank 1846-1920 Bailey is young Edith Bailey. George Frank Bailey here in the  Census in Britford  down as Frank Bailey aged 50. He had with his first wife Fanny Knight daughter of a George Knight. George Edward 1787 Bailey, Wiliam 1880 Bailey, and a Frank 1882 Bailey. . The parents of George Frank 1846  Bailey in Britford down as only Frank Bailey, and the same in Edmondsham in 1861. but down as George Frank Bailey in the 1851 Census in Edmondsham. They were the George 1820 Bailey that married an Emily 1820 Longman on the 12/12/1840 in Edmondsham.

In this 1891 census it says that Emily Easter/Bailey/Manston is from Cranborne.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DoVC-OP38xtvcLJ8i1P-Re52UsI7iaKX/view?usp=sharing

So going by that and her age we know she was born 1851 and so I feel confident this her birth and mother:

Name:    Mother's Maiden Surname:
   MANSTON, EMILY        Mother:ADAMS     
GRO Reference: 1851  D Quarter in WIMBORNE AND CRANBORNE

Will have to look into this more and cross-check.
Stewart. Scott. Bruce. McPherson. McMurray. McKibbin . McKay. McCann. Mckrinkine. McClewnan. McCallum. Joss. Ross. Morrison. Chapman. Middlemiss. Robinson. Conlon. Duffy. Dalgarno. Crookshank. Gammack. Ramsay. Mutch. Crawford. Orr. Galbraith. Kerr. Fergusson. Campbell.

Offline littlesis 76

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 22 March 21 22:52 GMT (UK) »
If you have the correct person on the 1939 reg and the name is crossed out and Buckley added this will be because like someone has already  found on this thread she remarried and they updated the register.
The lady who you are looking for is the Olive Buckley all the records add up .
You can always order the death cert from GRO sometimes they have a little extra info on

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 22 March 21 23:12 GMT (UK) »
Can I suggest you consider buying a copy of the 1936 marriage cert which should give her fathers name.  It may make it easier to determine the right birth entry

www.freebmd.org.uk

June qtr 1936 Salisbury 5a 550

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Alan of Kaslo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 22 March 21 23:21 GMT (UK) »
My last response was to this question:

but I'm now stuck on trying to find his grandmothers maiden name, her name is Emily Bailey but she was formerly Emily Easter from a previous marriage, any advice on where I could narrow down her maiden surname?

Frank George Bailey and Emily "Easter"'s son George born in 1874

EASTER, GEORGE        Morther: MANSTON     
GRO Reference: 1874  J Quarter in WIMBORNE  Volume 05A  Page 270
Stewart. Scott. Bruce. McPherson. McMurray. McKibbin . McKay. McCann. Mckrinkine. McClewnan. McCallum. Joss. Ross. Morrison. Chapman. Middlemiss. Robinson. Conlon. Duffy. Dalgarno. Crookshank. Gammack. Ramsay. Mutch. Crawford. Orr. Galbraith. Kerr. Fergusson. Campbell.

Online Dundee

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 23 March 21 05:23 GMT (UK) »
also I can see on this census that her surname was marked out and changed to Buckley but I'm assuming this was a mistake as her husband Harry Bailey was recorded above her.

You might like to read this information about the 1939 register so that you know what it is you are looking at. It wasn't a census.

https://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/help-with-your-research/research-guides/1939-register/

Debra  :)

Offline Alan of Kaslo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 23 March 21 19:07 GMT (UK) »
From the 1891 census ...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DoVC-OP38xtvcLJ8i1P-Re52UsI7iaKX/view?usp=sharing

I tracked down all the names from it that I could on the GRO

The family is Frank George Bailey living with Emily Manston.Frank Bailey first married Fanny Knight  and then Emily Manstone .

EASTER, ELLEN  EASTER      MANSTON     
GRO Reference: 1882  M Quarter in WIMBORNE  Volume 05A  Page 255

BAILEY, EDITH        MANSTON     
GRO Reference: 1887  S Quarter in ALDERBURY  Volume 05A  Page 188

EASTER, GEORGE        MANSTON     

BAILEY, FRANK        KNIGHT     
GRO Reference: 1882  M Quarter in ALDERBURY  Volume 05A  Page 176

BAILEY, WILLIAM        KNIGHT     
GRO Reference: 1879  D Quarter in ANDOVER  Volume 02C  Page 215

BAILEY, GEORGE  EDWARD      KNIGHT     
GRO Reference: 1878  M Quarter in WILTON  Volume 05A  Page 220

BAILEY, MARY  JANE      KNIGHT     
GRO Reference: 1884  M Quarter in ALDERBURY  Volume 05A  Page 188  ***Not in 1891 census****

Emily Manston birth:

MANSTON, EMILY        Mother's Maiden Surname: BREWER     
GRO Reference: 1852  D Quarter in WIMBORNE  Volume 05A  Page 264

Her parents in 1891 census:
https://www.freecen.org.uk/search_records/59033638e9379091b1f6d13c/stephen-manston-1891-hampshire-fordingbridge-1826-?locale=en

Name:    
BAILEY, GEORGE  FRANK   Mother's Maiden Surname:    LONGMAN     
GRO Reference: 1846  M Quarter in WIMBORNE AND CRANBORNE  Volume 08  Page 155

Frank George Bailey age 5 in 1851 census:
https://www.freecen.org.uk/search_records/5f4f9c24f4040b7020bc8141/george-frank-bailey-1851-dorset-wimborne-1846-?locale=en

Franks parents George Bailey and Emily Longman married  12 Dec 1840 at Cranbourne

Still trying to tease apart which kids are William Easter's and which are Fanny's and which are Emily Manston's... It's confusing how the dates overlap. That note posted a few posts above does go through the kid list and should be read a few times over.

Offline baileybee7

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 23 March 21 23:21 GMT (UK) »
also I can see on this census that her surname was marked out and changed to Buckley but I'm assuming this was a mistake as her husband Harry Bailey was recorded above her.

You might like to read this information about the 1939 register so that you know what it is you are looking at. It wasn't a census.

https://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/help-with-your-research/research-guides/1939-register/

Debra  :)

Hi Debra,

My mistake, thank you for the link I really appreciate it :)

Offline baileybee7

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 23 March 21 23:24 GMT (UK) »
From the 1891 census ...

I tracked down all the names from it that I could on the GRO

The family is Frank George Bailey living with Emily Manston.Frank Bailey first married Fanny Knight  and then Emily Manstone .

EASTER, ELLEN  EASTER      MANSTON     
GRO Reference: 1882  M Quarter in WIMBORNE  Volume 05A  Page 255

BAILEY, EDITH        MANSTON     
GRO Reference: 1887  S Quarter in ALDERBURY  Volume 05A  Page 188

EASTER, GEORGE        MANSTON     

BAILEY, FRANK        KNIGHT     
GRO Reference: 1882  M Quarter in ALDERBURY  Volume 05A  Page 176

BAILEY, WILLIAM        KNIGHT     
GRO Reference: 1879  D Quarter in ANDOVER  Volume 02C  Page 215

BAILEY, GEORGE  EDWARD      KNIGHT     
GRO Reference: 1878  M Quarter in WILTON  Volume 05A  Page 220

BAILEY, MARY  JANE      KNIGHT     
GRO Reference: 1884  M Quarter in ALDERBURY  Volume 05A  Page 188  ***Not in 1891 census****

Emily Manston birth:

MANSTON, EMILY        Mother's Maiden Surname: BREWER     
GRO Reference: 1852  D Quarter in WIMBORNE  Volume 05A  Page 264

Her parents in 1891 census:
https://www.freecen.org.uk/search_records/59033638e9379091b1f6d13c/stephen-manston-1891-hampshire-fordingbridge-1826-?locale=en

Name:    
BAILEY, GEORGE  FRANK   Mother's Maiden Surname:    LONGMAN     
GRO Reference: 1846  M Quarter in WIMBORNE AND CRANBORNE  Volume 08  Page 155

Frank George Bailey age 5 in 1851 census:
https://www.freecen.org.uk/search_records/5f4f9c24f4040b7020bc8141/george-frank-bailey-1851-dorset-wimborne-1846-?locale=en

Franks parents George Bailey and Emily Longman married  12 Dec 1840 at Cranbourne

Still trying to tease apart which kids are William Easter's and which are Fanny's and which are Emily Manston's... It's confusing how the dates overlap. That note posted a few posts above does go through the kid list and should be read a few times over.

Hi Alan,

Yes I also have the same information for Frank George Baileys parents - George Bailey and Emily longman however I’ve also come across a marriage between a Frank George Bailey and a Margaret Anna Dunn but I’m trying to find Frank George’s children birth Certs from this marriage to confirm if I have the right people

Many thanks :)

Offline Daisypetal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 15 May 21 22:03 BST (UK) »

Hi,

If she was born on the 25th September it's quite possible that her birth would be registered in the Oct-Dec quarter. I wonder if she got her birth year wrong and that this is her?

Olive Evelyn TAYLOR    Dec Q 1912    Weymouth    5a  505    
no mmn.

She is in the same district in 1939.

Regards,
Daisy
All Census Data included in this post is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)