Author Topic: Keeping up with Answering Email  (Read 2002 times)

Offline Jean Price

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Keeping up with Answering Email
« Reply #9 on: Monday 29 March 21 05:14 BST (UK) »
Thank you again everyone,

I have done some more thinking and wonder if I should copy emails off to a database of some sort.

More thinking to be done

Jean
Fawcett, Down; Gibson, Ayrshire and Tasmania; James, Cornwall and Victoria Aus; Cox, Northamptonshire, Thomas, Gloucestershire; Albury, Berkshire,

Offline roopat

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 31 March 21 21:38 BST (UK) »
Jean - if your Gmail is like mine - look for the star next to each email. Press it for the emails you want to come back to later.
When 'later' comes round, click the menu - on my phone, its 3 horizontal lines at top, on laptop I think the list of 'labels' ie folders is automatically shown down the left side. One of the main labels is 'starred' this is a folder set up by Gmail already for you - go to this & you will see all this emails you starred for later.

Note - you can't create new folders/labels on a phone, only on a computer. Annoying. But once you've created your folders/labels you can move your inbox emails to any of your folders (including the bin  ;) ) on any device including phone.

Good luck

Pat
King, Richardson, Hathaway, Sweeney, Young - Chelsea, London
Richardson - Rayne Essex
Steward, Hindry, Hewitt - Norfolk, North Walsham area

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 01 April 21 14:47 BST (UK) »
I have done some more thinking and wonder if I should copy emails off to a database of some sort.

Jean, I don't understand why you should want to do this when you can easily create as many folders as you want in gmail?
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Jean Price

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 09 April 21 08:18 BST (UK) »
Thank you all for your patience.

One thing I have painfully discovered is DELETE. You have no idea how many emails are disappearing with that button.
When I have finished this exercise I will have another look at folders and stars and such what.

Jean
Fawcett, Down; Gibson, Ayrshire and Tasmania; James, Cornwall and Victoria Aus; Cox, Northamptonshire, Thomas, Gloucestershire; Albury, Berkshire,

Offline LizzieW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I'm nearer to finding out who you are thanks DNA
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 09 April 21 08:56 BST (UK) »
Jean - even though you've accidentally deleted emails, you should have a box - somewhere underneath where it has Inbox listed - called Bin or Trash or similar.  Look in there and you'll find most of them. 

If all else fails - you can always open Gmail in Google, all you need is your password and on the left hand side you'll find Inbox, etc. and eventually "More".  If you click on that you should find All Emails or something (can't remember off hand), click on that and you'll find all the emails you've received for the past year or so - possibly more.