Author Topic: Cotter / Blyth Family  (Read 835 times)

Offline Dirtypaw

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Cotter / Blyth Family
« on: Tuesday 23 March 21 07:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi all in my endeavors to find my Cotter Blyth missing link i stumbled across THOMAS YOUNG COTTER
SA Surgeon who married JANE NICHOLSON 1833 Middlesex England and as an addendum to a previous post thought i would add my findings of those i suspect are extra children .The first of the children are not attributed to Jane but CAROLINE SMITH 17 SEP 1835 MARLEBONE ENG OLIVIA CAROLINE YOUNG COTTER . THOMAS CHARLES COTTER 1836 BECKENHAM KENT to Jane.

POWNOLL RICHARD COTTER 1841 SA TWIN
MARSHALL HALL COTTER 

Hope this helps Cotters   
Nicholls
Walsh
Beswick
Pritchard
Pugh
Kofoed

Offline gaffy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Cotter / Blyth Family
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 23 March 21 16:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi Dirtypaw, I'm not getting the relevance to Ireland, which is where you've posted this.

Offline Dirtypaw

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 24 March 21 04:04 GMT (UK) »
Sorry for being disjointed in my post . My 3 x Great Grandmother ELIZABETH ANN PATTERSON was born to EDWARD or ANDREW BLYTH and MARGARET COTTER (per Victorian death cert) in BANTRY IRELAND circa 1836 . THOMAS YOUNG COTTER was also born BANTRY IRELAND and could be related .As THOMAS AND ELIZABETH were from the same birthplace and were both in South Australia at the same time i was trying to make a connection to ELIZABETHS Irish or possibly Scottish  roots  .Hope this clarifies things .

Thanks Craig       
Nicholls
Walsh
Beswick
Pritchard
Pugh
Kofoed

Offline Bryan Richards

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 30 April 23 21:07 BST (UK) »
Thomas Young Cotter baptised 2nd November1805 Bantry to un-married Ellen young [age from 1851 Census Deptford England puts her aged 17] she married Richard Cotter [Purser RN born Cloyne 1776 according to muster list of HMS Cerberus]  in the Catholic Church Bantry on 7th January 1806 then again at the Kings Chapel Savoy London later that year for a marriage certificate for the RN records. Ellen Young's father was Thomas Young fish Curer Main Street Bantry, her grandfather Plummer Young who married Elizabeth Lee 1752.  The Ancestry Young's came from a Dr John Young Cornwall who started fishing circa 1590 in Bantry.