Author Topic: Letter from the house of commons  (Read 3356 times)

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: Letter from the house of commons
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 23 March 21 17:41 GMT (UK) »
There was a male birth registered in June 1933 Kensington - 1a 124 Perhaps first name could be same as father  :)

John Frederick Welsh 1898–1955
born 1898  Hackney, London, England died 26 November 1955 -  Hammersmith, London.
John Frederick Welsh was held as a prisoner of war during World War II.

Sandra

"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 23 March 21 17:42 GMT (UK) »

British Army Prisoners of War Held in German Camps, 1939 - 1945

J. F. Welsh Internment Between 1939 and 1945 - Hohen Fels.Rank - Sjt. Regiment -  Royal Artillery.Army number - 2035093POW number -  6215Camp type -  Stalag Camp number -  383Record office name -  Royal Artillery (Coast and Searchlight), Corps of Military Police and Military Provost Staff Corps Record Office, Savoy Hotel, Bournemouth. Record office number - 8

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday 23 March 21 17:44 GMT (UK) »
Using FreeBMD...

You can find Ellen's probable marriage to J F Welsh in 1929.

Also 2 possible female births in 1930 and 1931.
We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday 23 March 21 17:46 GMT (UK) »

Thirza A Coulson

Birth Date1873 died 1962 Registration Quarter Jan-Feb-Mar Yarmouth Norfolk
Volume 4b Page599 - aged 89 years -

Sandra

Offline Josephine

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Photo: Beardstown, Illinois
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday 23 March 21 17:54 GMT (UK) »
It's very strange, though. If it wasn't requested from anyone in your household, and you're not even aware of a family connection to this man, where and how did the Canadian government get your name and address?

As a Canadian, I'm wondering how our tax dollars are being spent, assuming this is a legitimate project. Has our government hired a team of genealogists to track down even the most remote family members of people who paid the ultimate sacrifice while serving in the Canadian military?

Regards,
Josephine
England: Barnett; Beaumont; Christy; George; Holland; Parker; Pope; Salisbury
Scotland: Currie; Curror; Dobson; Muir; Oliver; Pryde; Turnbull; Wilson
Ireland: Carson; Colbert; Coy; Craig; McGlinchey; Riley; Rooney; Trotter; Waters/Watters

Offline amyrose

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Friday 11 August 23 01:32 BST (UK) »
Hi

I realise that this is an old thread, but Arthur Cecil Coulson was my 2nd Great-grandfather. I am related to him through his first wife, Thirza Ayr Coulson née Steele. Their daughter, Ellen was my nan's mother. She died in 1933 when my Great -Uncle John was born. There was another child, my Great-Aunt Peggy. Out of them Uncle John is the only one left.

From what I understand - and this might just be something that was told to my nan and there might be some inaccuracies - During the war something happened and he ended up in Canada. Now I've been told he'd lost his memory, but not sure if that was said to save face as it were, because whilst he was still married to Thirza, he married a Canadian woman, followed by marrying another.

He never returned to the UK, and understandably Thirza never talked about him with my nan or her siblings.