Author Topic: Help with dating and restoration please - trying to identify Dickens relatives  (Read 2301 times)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Help with dating and restoration please - trying to identify Dickens relatives
« Reply #18 on: Friday 26 March 21 09:08 GMT (UK) »
A couple of the second photo ~

B & W

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Help with dating and restoration please - trying to identify Dickens relatives
« Reply #19 on: Friday 26 March 21 09:09 GMT (UK) »
and hint of sepia

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 26 March 21 09:39 GMT (UK) »
Lovely, very age appropriate  8)
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 26 March 21 09:56 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Carol. I did most of it last night but my eyes got tired. 

Here's the first one. The sun is shining on the screen so I hope I've not missed anything.

Gadget

Offline louisemcm

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 26 March 21 14:32 GMT (UK) »
Thank you so much everyone for the restoration of the photographs.
They are lovely.
I really appreciate everyone helping with the dating and the restoration.
You're all so kind. I am very grateful.
Best wishes

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 26 March 21 15:26 GMT (UK) »
One from me too.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 26 March 21 15:50 GMT (UK) »
One more for your lovely collection.
Carol

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Friday 26 March 21 15:57 GMT (UK) »
A darker version for you.
Carol

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Saturday 27 March 21 02:21 GMT (UK) »
The young girls look to be about 6 and 8 years old. If their parents died in 1880, does that tally with years of birth around 1872 and 1874? Were they the only two children this couple had?

The older lady could be a grandmother .... possibly in her 60s, so born around 1812, give or take. Can you identify her? Does she have her legs crossed?  :)

Like Carol, I think it has a “mourning” feel to it, especially considering the way the older woman is holding the young girl’s hand. They look suitably sad.

It’s a lovely photo.