Author Topic: Pierre Blondeau: French Death in 1760 (Hopefully the right one)  (Read 196 times)

Offline Daffern2020

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Pierre Blondeau: French Death in 1760 (Hopefully the right one)
« on: Sunday 28 March 21 21:19 BST (UK) »
Thank you to Tati for translating the last one. Unfortunately that translation helped me realise it wasn't the right Pierre Blondeau. I think this one might be it. I think it mentions a brother-in-law Jacques Anjoubauln? Which is very similar to Pierre's wife Jeanne Anjubault. But it also looks like the second name might be Fergus? Jacques Anjoubaln Fergus his brother-in-law?

I was also wondering if it mentions where Pierre is from/born is any capacity.

Thanks for reading.

Offline manukarik

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Pierre Blondeau: French Death in 1760 (Hopefully the right one)
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 07 April 21 11:42 BST (UK) »
It's not Fergus, it's serger. It's his profession = weaver.

Serger - Ouvrier fabriquant des étoffes ou tissus de laine, de la serge; Tisserand.

Pierre's profession of courtier means that he was a broker. There does seem to be an extra letter but  I think that's the most likely. The only similar word I can think of is courtillier which is another name for a gardener.

Clarkson, Tolladay, Prevost, Killick, Hicks

Offline Daffern2020

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Pierre Blondeau: French Death in 1760 (Hopefully the right one)
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 07 April 21 18:34 BST (UK) »
It's not Fergus, it's serger. It's his profession = weaver.

Serger - Ouvrier fabriquant des étoffes ou tissus de laine, de la serge; Tisserand.

Pierre's profession of courtier means that he was a broker. There does seem to be an extra letter but  I think that's the most likely. The only similar word I can think of is courtillier which is another name for a gardener.

Kind of forgot about this psot.

Yes, some time after posting this, I found a lot more documents for this one and his profession constantly switches between Broker and Master Weaver. Not sure if that was a common combination?

(and yes this was the right one)