Author Topic: Larsson  (Read 588 times)

Offline Robbie2x

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Larsson
« on: Monday 29 March 21 01:51 BST (UK) »
Hi, can anyone help please?  I hit a brick wall searching for  info on what happened after 1977 to Craig Larsson, born Allan Gilbert, 1922, Wagga, NSW.
I have army and marriage details and last residence in Mount Pleasant, WA.

Many thanks,
Robert Frame

Offline valerie kehoe

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Larsson
« Reply #1 on: Monday 29 March 21 11:44 BST (UK) »
Hi Robbie
The 'Names & Location' site (on-line) shows a death for an Allan Gilbert 21/1/2015 age 91yrs.
Suggest you 'Ask a Librarian' at the 'West Australian State Library' (on-line) to check for newspaper death notice/s -from 21/1/2015 ...for family names etc.

Valerie
WAus
Lond.//Kent/Surrey  Bryan  
Cork (Dunmanway) O'Brien
London//Lambeth    Small   Muggeridge 
L'pool /Preston.       Kehoe  McDonough  Coupe  
Suffolk                     Rowe   Mortimer   Mowle

Offline cupoflife

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 29 March 21 12:47 BST (UK) »
Hi Robbie
The 'Names & Location' site (on-line) shows a death for an Allan Gilbert 21/1/2015 age 91yrs.
Suggest you 'Ask a Librarian' at the 'West Australian State Library' (on-line) to check for newspaper death notice/s -from 21/1/2015 ...for family names etc.

Valerie
WAus

23rd Jan, 2015 https://www.westannouncements.com.au/browse/obituaries/view/gilbert-alan
GILBERT (Alan): A good man we remember with love and respect. Beloved husband to ....

https://www.westannouncements.com.au/browse/funeral-notices/view/gilbert-alan-1
GILBERT:
The Funeral Cortege for Mr Alan Gilbert of Karrinyup will assemble at the main entrance of KARRAKATTA Cemetery for a Cremation Service, WEDNESDAY (28.1.2015) commencing at 10.00am.

https://www2.mcb.wa.gov.au/NameSearch/details.php?id=KC00196453
Application Number: KC00196453
Name: Alan GILBERT
Date of Death: 21/01/2015
Aged (Years): 91   
Suburb: GWELUP
Karrakatta Cremation ; Ashes Taken by Funeral Director at Karrakatta Cemetery

Offline valerie kehoe

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 29 March 21 13:06 BST (UK) »
Hi Robbie
Following on....
 'Ask a Librarian' service (at 'WA State Library') will check their electoral rolls (past & present) for any descendants' addresses hopefully mentioned in newspaper death notices.

Valerie
WAus

Lond.//Kent/Surrey  Bryan  
Cork (Dunmanway) O'Brien
London//Lambeth    Small   Muggeridge 
L'pool /Preston.       Kehoe  McDonough  Coupe  
Suffolk                     Rowe   Mortimer   Mowle

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 29 March 21 23:37 BST (UK) »
Hi, can anyone help please?  I hit a brick wall searching for  info on what happened after 1977 to Craig Larsson, born Allan Gilbert, 1922, Wagga, NSW.
I have army and marriage details and last residence in Mount Pleasant, WA.

Many thanks,
Robert Frame

Hi there,   

Welcome to RootsChat, its the best place for help with family history.

Perhaps I have mis-understood, but I thought you were looking for a chap with the surname LARSSON.   

Here is the WWII service file giving date of birth of 29 November 1922 at Wagga, NSW, so I am not sure if Alan GILBERT aged 91 at death in January 2015 would be pointing to your person of interest, particularly as further in the file (page 10 of 19) his date of birth is given as 2 December 1916....   I can see the Stat Dec (page 15 of 19) giving an address as care of C LARSSON,   That Stat Dec was signed in May 1959.  C LARSSON did NOT sign the Stat Dec, and is only mentioned as part of the address of the person making the declaration.   
https://recordsearch.naa.gov.au/SearchNRetrieve/NAAMedia/ShowImage.aspx?B=5573390&T=PDF

There is nothing unusual in the 1950s and 1960s for people to board with others and for their mail and residential address to be C/o another person, (often the householder). 

JM.
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.