Author Topic: New rules for England, 29th March - do we not have to stay local?  (Read 2129 times)

Offline Mike in Cumbria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: New rules for England, 29th March - do we not have to stay local?
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 31 March 21 08:32 BST (UK) »
One has a big white diamond shape on her head. Of course, her name has to be "Diamond Cheeser". Oh and the brown one, is called "Brown Cow".

:)

Sorry for this - I was always told that "brown" cows were RED.  But, as I was brought up in Cheshire, it might very well be a location thing.  :) :-X
In the same way, white horses are grey, and some dogs are blue.

Offline suey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • The light is on but there's no-one at home!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 31 March 21 11:36 BST (UK) »
One has a big white diamond shape on her head. Of course, her name has to be "Diamond Cheeser". Oh and the brown one, is called "Brown Cow".

:)

Sorry for this - I was always told that "brown" cows were RED.  But, as I was brought up in Cheshire, it might very well be a location thing.  :) :-X

They can’t all be red...Remember rounding you vowels ?...How now brown cow  ;D ;D ;D

On a more serious note, I’m sure I heard something this morning about it being okay for people to be in self catering accommodation over Easter.  Anyone else hear that.?
All census lookups are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Sussex - Knapp. Nailard. Potten. Coleman. Pomfrey. Carter. Picknell
Greenwich/Woolwich. - Clowting. Davis. Kitts. Ferguson. Lowther. Carvalho. Pressman. Redknap. Argent.
Hertfordshire - Sturgeon. Bird. Rule. Claxton. Taylor. Braggins

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 31 March 21 13:10 BST (UK) »
On a more serious note, I’m sure I heard something this morning about it being okay for people to be in self catering accommodation over Easter.  Anyone else hear that.?

In Wales I believe, but only if you live in Wales, you can't go from England into Wales. Self catering accommodation in England re-opens 12th April. At the earliest, holiday accommodation will re-open in Scotland on 26 April

https://www.which.co.uk/news/2021/03/when-can-i-go-on-holiday-in-the-uk-is-it-safe-to-book/ - Which?

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline suey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • The light is on but there's no-one at home!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 31 March 21 17:38 BST (UK) »

In Wales I believe, but only if you live in Wales, you can't go from England into Wales. Self catering accommodation in England re-opens 12th April. At the earliest, holiday accommodation will re-open in Scotland on 26 April

https://www.which.co.uk/news/2021/03/when-can-i-go-on-holiday-in-the-uk-is-it-safe-to-book/ - Which?

I knew this was the case in Wales, I must have misheard/misunderstood what was being said today regards England, they had been discussing Cornwall previously.
All census lookups are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Sussex - Knapp. Nailard. Potten. Coleman. Pomfrey. Carter. Picknell
Greenwich/Woolwich. - Clowting. Davis. Kitts. Ferguson. Lowther. Carvalho. Pressman. Redknap. Argent.
Hertfordshire - Sturgeon. Bird. Rule. Claxton. Taylor. Braggins