Author Topic: Page children care case, 1917, Bangor/Brewer Maine  (Read 329 times)

Offline oldohiohome

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Page children care case, 1917, Bangor/Brewer Maine
« on: Monday 29 March 21 22:19 BST (UK) »
I was able to find the following newspaper article regarding my wife's family but I am curious whether there were earlier or later articles which say how the case started or was resolved. Could anyone help? And could someone tell me what given name Margaret's husband was going by in this article? :) It should be something like William Jerome Page.

Thank you.

------
Bangor Daily News
May 4, 1917, page 2
In the municipal court Thursday further hearing was ordered in the case of several Page children, now living with their grandmother in Third street. Complaint was made by Miss Marion Porter, state cruelty officer, that the children were not properly cared for. Postponement was had to May 12. The father is [-blanked out by my browser's highlighting when I clipped it] of Portland and the mother is Margaret Page of Brewer.

Offline RJ137

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Page children care case, 1917, Bangor/Brewer Maine
« Reply #1 on: Monday 29 March 21 23:38 BST (UK) »
 The Bangor Daily News
Bangor, Maine
26 May 1917, Sat  •  Page 12

Clip: https://www.newspapers.com/clip/74672885/the-bangor-daily-news/

Offline oldohiohome

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Page children care case, 1917, Bangor/Brewer Maine
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 30 March 21 00:00 BST (UK) »
The Bangor Daily News
Bangor, Maine
26 May 1917, Sat  •  Page 12

Clip: https://www.newspapers.com/clip/74672885/the-bangor-daily-news/

Thank you very much. A dramatic ending to the court case.
 We had never heard of the situation until I found that first clip.
By 1920 William & Margaret were back together and had 3 of the children with them. The other three, including my wife's father, were with the grandmother - William's mother, Martha (Cowan) Page Gray.